Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a power commander nedded with a full exhaust? I have a full Yosh system and a shop told me that it will make me run lean and I need a power commander. Is there any truth to this or just trying to sell?

I tried some searches but couldn't find anything specific.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
It could make you lean, but more probably you are just not going to get the best performance out of thefull system without a new map. Get the power commander and get a custom map made for the bike and you will enjoy it alot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,434 Posts
KawiHonda said:
It could make you lean, but more probably you are just not going to get the best performance out of thefull system without a new map. Get the power commander and get a custom map made for the bike and you will enjoy it alot.
Hey man! Make up your mind would you. You're either Kawi or Honda damnit!


Welcome to the forum! I like your advice so you can stay.

Well the truth is yes and no. In the lower rpm range you'll most likely be rich. In the upper rpm range you could be lean. You don't HAVE to get a PCIII but it is preferable in order to run the correct fuel map for your bike. That's why you need to get a custom map as suggested. That way the fuel curve is optimized for your bike saving gas and producing the most power for your hard earned dollars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just double checking. I plan on getting one when funds are avail. he just made it sound like I was going to blow up on the way home. He said he would sell it for $260 and dyno tune it for $260.

Thanks.
 

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
Joined
·
7,847 Posts
$260 for the PC is a good price.
$260 for the dyno seems fair.

I would recommend getting a PC with a full exhaust.

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,434 Posts
The prices look reasonable. Just find out from some of his former customers or from the locals whether this guys knows his $h!t when it comes to tuning. I can make you a custom map but that doesn't mean it's worth a $h!t.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, good point. I'll check around.
Thanks guy's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Well I have a 2001 ZX-9R that is now 1000cc with tons of motor work and a street legal dragbike, so i went out and bought a 2006 600rr for my street/curve chaser since the other is really not very streetable anymore. The street just tears up those super soft drag tires. As soon as i can down size the pics i will get them up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
KawiHonda said:
Well I have a 2001 ZX-9R that is now 1000cc with tons of motor work and a street legal dragbike, so i went out and bought a 2006 600rr for my street/curve chaser since the other is really not very streetable anymore. The street just tears up those super soft drag tires. As soon as i can down size the pics i will get them up.

gotta hurt , what with the zx14 out there now . sorry , couldn't resist .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
r6beater said:
gotta hurt , what with the zx14 out there now . sorry , couldn't resist .
Not really i can smoke a stock zx-14 with no problem. My 9R now has 165-170 hp at the wheel and then add a wet shot of 50-60 depending on what jetting i put in. The bike with the nos runs high mid 8's in the 1/4 mile so how can i complain about that. Not to mention that my race weight with the 9R is around 580 lbs. Thats the size of a zx-14 without a rider.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top