Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just purchased a Power Commander unit from fleabay and I have the akropovic slip on exhaust with mid section.
Stock air filter at the minute.
I have downloaded the manual from the site :
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx?mk=7&mdl=37&yr=2004

Where it tells you to connect to the lower injectors, I am lost any help would be useful also i have been told that I may need an additional oxygen sensor or something, do I need to have another?

Could you tell me if this is the correct map for this unit for my bike : M115-505

This is so confusing anybody got a better tut or video as I am not mechanically minded and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
---------------

UK noob.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
pull off the side plastics, unbolt the 4 tank bolts, lift and rotate, connect all injectors. Start up the bike and drive off, very easy mod to do.

·
Registered
500 Posts
O2 sensor has nothing to do with a power commander. Whoever told you that is just confusing you.

Do a search on here for Power Commander install. Really the best way to see it.
That map looks good for your application.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 2004 CBR600RR... thanks for the info will try what you say.
Its just confusing how long would it roughly take for a beginner like me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just recieved this from the seller I got the commander from, he states :
With regards to the oxygen sensor. You are correct. If you fit the power commander on the 03/04 CBR without the sensor it will show an FI warning light on the dash (as the existing sensor in the exhaust will read incorrect values).
If you got to www.dynojet.co.uk/powercommander/accessories.htm (scroll down a bit and look at the oxyegn sensor eliminator kit - it will explain more).

Check with you local bike dealer who should be able to order them in. I can't remember wether you need one or two (I had them fitted on my previous first CBR with exhaust, K&N filter and PCIII - made a real difference)

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just found out I do need them aarrrgghh!!

Phoned up nearest dynojet place to see how much they would charge.
To setup and put custom map in £180. (me supplying p/commander of course)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow I'm glad I have a US spec bike then. Installation was easy. I remember looking at the installation instructions and I was worried that my bike didnt have that. Nevetheless no lights or issues on my bike so I got lucky.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just been messing around with different sites and found this out instead of getting the O2 Sensors you can put a ' 325 Ohm resistor across the proper wires'

Anyone know which wires, as I think most people on here would like to try this option rather than paying that extra cash out for the sensors

1 - 15 of 15 Posts