Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2003 cbr 600rr and rescently put velocity stacks, k&n drop in, took off the epa restrictions, and have a full exhaust.. My question is i just picked up my power commander 3 and didnt find any down loadable maps on the PC website that had my parts.. Does this website off PC maps??

·
Registered
129 Posts
on the dynojet website you dont need a MAP that has exactly what you have on your bike. before i got a custom MAP made i i just used a map from the website that had a slip on i the detail. (i have and BMC drop in and a slip on). just use any MAP on the website that states it for a full exhaust. just test them out till you find one you like, till you can get a made made.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
i just used the map for the akra full system & air filter from the dynojet website when i still had the PC3USB, it was decent but ran a bit lean for me, now i have a PCV, Wideband2 & LCD200 to tune my fueling for the stacks, exhaust, filter & ecu.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Overrev... Did i rush into the power commander 3 over the 5.. My understanding between the two is pc v is a better unit for self tuning? Pc3 on my setup if thrown on a dyno can be just as effective?

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Overrev... Did i rush into the power commander 3 over the 5.. My understanding between the two is pc v is a better unit for self tuning? Pc3 on my setup if thrown on a dyno can be just as effective?
yes the PC3 will be almost as good as the PCV if you spend time & money to have it mapped correctly (the one doing the mapping is the most important factor here), the difference is that the PCV has an extra throttle position cell (15%) which the PC3 doesn't have but i don't have tested mine on the track yet to notice the difference. the only diadvantage to the PC3 is that you can't put the autotune/wideband 2 option if you want to do the tuning yourself, i plan to make a living out of tuning fuel maps for racers & track enthusiasts which is why i have gotten the wideband2 & lcd200 kit for tuning & data logging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts