Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, sorry for the uneducated question.... does a power commander really do anything for a stock bike? i planned on ordering one regardless, just wondering if i should wait to order my exhaust in a few weeks. i used the search but i couldnt find anything, thanks again!

·
Registered
300 Posts
A PC does nothing for a stock bike. Infact, it can actually hurt the peformance of the bike because the air/fuel ratio matches the bikes exhaust system.

Also, for most slip-ons, you do not need a PC either. This a common "myth" that is amongst the sport bike community. They say you need one to "maximize" the slip....but that's BS.

YOU DO NEED a power commander if you put on a full exhaust because you are pushing way more air through your system.

Bascially, if you are running too lean or too rich (black smoke....flames...backfiring) whether it's a slip-on or full exhaust, you need a PC.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
He covered it above! You can go overkill on a stock bike and have it tuned. If anything your roll on roll off throttle will be smoother but nothing much. I do have one for my slip on with a downloaded map from here. It did fix a throttle lag and some popping on decel. A s/o without a PC3 is not going to do anything. You just will have the annoying things I mentioned and maybe poor fuel economy.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Hey everyone, sorry for the uneducated question.... does a power commander really do anything for a stock bike? i planned on ordering one regardless, just wondering if i should wait to order my exhaust in a few weeks. i used the search but i couldnt find anything, thanks again!
The power Commander actually DOES help a Stock Bike.
Because the of crazy EPA/Emissions laws these days, the bikes really come restricted from Honda. That is a Fact.

The STOCK Bike Map from Dyno jet has a LOT of change over a ZERO Map.
So, it's obviously, going to make changes to the bike for the better. Free it up some.
it won't set the world on fire but it does help.
We have seen enough Dyno's with a Stock Bike, and PC to see that it does help.

For some guys the bike is just find from Honda.
For other guys If they are going to spend $10,000 on a bike they want every bit of HP they can get out of it.

It's ALL Personal Preference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got a PC3 today and I'm scouring these forums to find out what the deal is...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Would i not need a pclll if i had a stock filter, pair block and slip on?
Most people do the pair block mod for accurate tuning. Getting a pc 3 and dyno tune can't hurt your bike but will make it that much better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts