Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some second hand power commander, my bike is 05 600rr. But someone has a commander for me from an 06 1000rr. Does anyone know if the wires for these are interchangeable, fuel injector plugs seem to be the same.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
It will not work because DynoJet doesn’t allow a map from one model to load onto another model.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am just curious, but why do want to do it?
There will be an incompatibility issue you do it so you might want to think it over and just think of other mods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will not work because DynoJet doesn’t allow a map from one model to load onto another model.
Oh I see, I was wondering about that too, as in the software is set to work with different intakes/exhaust setups of just a 1000cc (on that particular power commander)?? Or it’s the type of deal where once you program a tune it’s locked to that tuner

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Oh I see, I was wondering about that too, as in the software is set to work with different intakes/exhaust setups of just a 1000cc (on that particular power commander)?? Or it’s the type of deal where once you program a tune it’s locked to that tuner
It’s programmed so only “proper” maps can be downloaded to a certain model of tuner. You can download and change maps every 5 minutes if you want but they all have to be for that models power commander.

So say you buy a CBR1000RR PCV, you can onLy download maps labeled and created for the 1000RR. If you grab a 600RR map, it won’t load. It’s been years since I’ve played with this but you also can’t simply rename the map something that matches the scheme you want to run. Not sure how but that won’t work either.

You also have the sensors and readings between the different bikes, unless they are in the same area with the the same value, you’ll get bad readings.

I’d assume the new ones might even handshake with the ECU nowadays. No idea, however.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,847 Posts
the hardware is the same, but there is a baseload firmware that changes bike to bike. you can't use a 1000rr power commander in a 600rr because the firmware isn't meant to handle the 600rr engine parameters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts