Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently installed a PCV on my '09 and while I was literally in the middle of probably my 3rd or 4th ride with it, the engine dies. Me and one of my buddies noticed that the power light was off on the PCV, which is obviously why it wasn't starting. I didn't want to believe it was the PCV because it was the first ride with it, and it was a lot of work to install the thing. We removed it anyways and it started right up. I'm sending it back to dynojet for them to check it out and hopefully they send me a new one.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
they replaced mine under warranty NP....

ask the troubleshoot guys for "expedite service" and the turnaround time is pretty quick.....BUT if the PC5 is ok you will pay them $35 for the service.

if it is defective they will replace it.

mine was showing throttle % as varying while I was holding steady throttle.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mailed it out today so we will c what happens. Oddly enough, I was also unable to calibrate the throttle because it wouldn't read the bike throttle position. I hope they find it to be bad and send me a new one lol.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Did your bike throw a(n) MIL code when this happened?

if it wouldn't show throttle %, when hooked into your computer, then it is a dead PC5..........did it let you calibrate TPS originally? (mine did, and failed after about 3months/3kmiles)

Turnaround time was about 3 days once they rec'd it......w/o "expedited service" they where telling me 3 weeks....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. The power commander software showed no device errors, but there was no throttle information provided at any throttle settings. I disconnected it several times to make sure I wasn't bending any of the pins. Still no luck. 3 weeks is a long time. I sure hope mine doesn't take that long.

I ordered my PCV from motomummy.com

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally heard back from dynojet. They found my PCV to be defective so a new one is on the way as of today. Yay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts