Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have an 03 model. I am thinking about spending some $$ on a power commander. What are your opinions? Are they worth the extra money?

Cheers

Kiwi_Ryder

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Depends on what you are looking to get out of the bike. I think it helps but it is not a night and day difference unless you plan on doing stacks and some sorta exhaust.

It helps the power band but it is nothing like some have described on here.

Jason

·
Banned
70 Posts
I totaly agree with Jason, the PC smothe up the engine power delivery and make the hourse power comes in a more leanier way, but id does not make a BIG change to the bike.

Maybe if you are thinking of adding more stuff to your bike (like a full exhast and racing air filter), then the power commander is important. Because adding more and more aftermarket stuff makes the factory setting for ur bike obsolete, and then u will really feel like u need a PC.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I already have a Micron exaust and it runs fine but when I go to thrash it I don't think it is running as well as it could, has a bit of a flat spot at about 10,000 rpm, I am hoping a PC will smooth that out. Apparently the PC is the only real way to tune them.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I'd disagree with the guys above. I felt a significant difference with the PCIII added. I ran stock for a bit, then the jardine slip on alone for a month before installing the PCIII with a PPHonda tuning map (one of the user uploaded maps on the dynojet site). I felt a big difference in the throttle sensitivity, smoothed out power and it felt like the power was more everywhere. not huge, but significant and definitely noticable.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
pantablo said:
I'd disagree with the guys above. I felt a big difference in the throttle sensitivity, smoothed out power and it felt like the power was more everywhere. not huge, but significant and definitely noticable.
true, a guy whos been to the track would be looking for the difference more than some1 who doesnt. Id say get it, just like i tell people to get a gpr... help is safety and help is incite, but safety is knowing some1 did it so it can be done.. random? i no..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts