Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My CBR600RR is cutting out when cornering at low speeds. I think I found the faulty wire but am not able to understand what's going on. It cuts out with very gentle poking. Please watch this video if you have some time:

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's a good find bro. My first thought from the description would have been the wiring to your bank angle sensor. But watching the video I think that harness goes to the ignition. I'll do some research and see what I can find for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for looking. The problem started a few weeks ago. I took it to the garage and they said there was a rusty wire which they repaired. The problem came back though. I tried a different garage and they said the terminals were loose in the connection block which they repaired. Again the problem came back.

As you can see I have removed the suspect connection block and taped up the wires so the terminal connections are not loose.

I'm thinking the loose connection may be at the ignition end of the wire. Can in disconnect or tamper with it? Not sure how hiss works!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I found it thanks. Inside the trunking there are 3 wires in what looks like one half of a crimp terminal. It's loose and rusty.

It's really badly designed. Slightly longer wires would have reached to the multi connection block - which is tucked away under the petrol tank so protected from the weather. The connection block is 4 way and has 1 spare too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes perhaps a previous owner had something replaced. Hard to believe it's built this way with a poor quality spade terminal holding the ignition wires together when the connection block is only a few inches away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm the bike was fine after repairing the broken wire but now it won't start at all. It turns over but won't fire up. Battery is charged up (over 13v idle and 10.8v when cranking the engine). Also checked the fuses and they are fine.

The dash lights up and lights/indicators work so it seems not related to the previous loose wire. When that wire was loose the dashboard was dead. Unless I snagged or pulled something else loose?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried this test from the manual. I don't have continuity between the red/green wire and ground.

Not sure what this means though. The red/green wire isn't connected to the nearby yellow ground terminal block so can't really see how it can be expected to have continuity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts