Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone know the reason why my bike lost power whilerunning at 70mph? it suddenly lost power making zero rpm. I had to pull over turn it off and it started fine. this is the second time that occured to me. both times i had the fuel tank at one bar but has not flashed yet. anyone had the same issue and how to fix this?

thanks its an 05 cbr600 rr

the first time i was running at about 20mph

·
Registered
601 Posts
anyone know the reason why my bike lost power whilerunning at 70mph? it suddenly lost power making zero rpm. I had to pull over turn it off and it started fine. this is the second time that occured to me. both times i had the fuel tank at one bar but has not flashed yet. anyone had the same issue and how to fix this?

thanks its an 05 cbr600 rr

the first time i was running at about 20mph
What or did you do anything when it happened the first time?

And when you say lost power, did it cut out 100% instantly like as if you shut the bike off. Or did you start to sputter and slowly die?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What or did you do anything when it happened the first time?

And when you say lost power, did it cut out 100% instantly like as if you shut the bike off. Or did you start to sputter and slowly die?
The first time it happened I had to make a full stop, switch off the bike and start it at neutral. I could not start it while it was moving when it suddenly shut off.

It lost power completely. The RPM gauge went all the way to 0. I tried to throttle it and nothing happened. It did not slowly die or sputter. It just completely died instantly as if i switched it off while it was running.

I am thinking, it is the fuel. This happened when i have my gas at one bar. But it still ran after all.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hmm it could be your fuel, however it sounds more like an electrical problem to me. You could check if the ground and power wires are securely attached to your battery and make sure all the fuses are intact.

I would also suggest doing various searches here as you may stumble upon some useful information.

That being said, unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough to give you better advice.

GL

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm it could be your fuel, however it sounds more like an electrical problem to me. You could check if the ground and power wires are securely attached to your battery and make sure all the fuses are intact.

I would also suggest doing various searches here as you may stumble upon some useful information.

That being said, unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough to give you better advice.

GL
thanks for the time. i will definitely do some readin here and also will keep on riding to see if it happens with gas not on the last bar. hopefully not.

oh and is it normal that, when u go to the first gear from neutral without applying the clucth will work? today i accidentally kicked the gear into first when i was puttin the stand up. ofcourse the bike died cuz i did not have the clutch pressed.is that normal for the first gear to go even if the clutch is not applied?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
It sounds like you could possibly be hitting the ignition kill switch with your hand. That would give the same symptoms and would account for why it starts right back up.

Could you have been using the horn, adjusting your mirror when the power died?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Definitely sounds like an electrical fault, have a check of your FI and main fuses and make sure that they are not corroded, also yes you will be able to kick it into gear and yes the bike will stall straight away.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
This happened to me, riding home. Crazi sudden shut down of the bike.

I had to pull over and tighten the screws to the battery terminal, and since then it has been all good

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I had to pull over and tighten the screws to the battery terminal, and since then it has been all good
cool. I will try that right now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks for pointing that out! The wire on the negative terminals was a tiny bit loose! Hope that will fix the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts