Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys roll on the throttle and get the front end to lift up? I have an '05 and I try to roll on the throttle, feel the front end get light, but I don't think it comes off the ground. Also, should I try clutching it up in first or do that in second so it's more forgiving? I've watched that superbike mag video but it doesn't address the specifics of our bike so I wanted some insight from everyone.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
It will definitely come up. It isnt so much a roll on as much as a semi-chop. I would accelerate to about 7.5 - 8 grand RPMS and then roll hard on the throttle. It will DEFINITELY come up. Just make sure you cover the back brake.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
i can power wheelie in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with 15/45 gears. I have to bounce the forks if i am doing it in 3rd.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
you can power it up in 2nd with 15/45? Hoss move...how fast are you going? i tried doing it in 2nd but need to seriously bounce the forks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
wynngripRR said:
CLUTCH IT UP. Period.
Can i get an AMEN? Clutch is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
slapnutz said:
Can i get an AMEN? Clutch is the way to go.
AMEN! I learned to Clutch it up in 1st gear, since theres more engine braking to help with bringing it back down if you arent so good with the back brake yet, plus 1st gear already goes 60+... Just have to do it like the video, rev it a little bit, and slowly progress higher and higher as you get the front off the ground, and as always cover the rear brake, it;ll save your ass one day.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol I was trying to go with the progression of the video...d'oh! Alright I have to wait until I can find the time to get geared up. I ran to the post office and just felt like trying to roll on the throttle and bring it up....then stopped myself after an attempt or two b/c I was wearing a shirt and shorts...stupid I know.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i can power mine up in 1st 2nd and 3rd with an all stock 05 600rr and im not a big guy it just takes practice i cant wait to get sprockets its gonna be so much easier!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was scared as hell to try and clutch it then finally straped on some balls and did it. Let me tell you it is soooo much easier than powering it up.

·
Registered
615 Posts
unless you changed your gears... it's kind of a process to power it up... but not hard. make sure you move your ass back.. once the rpms reach the power band, push down on the front forks and chop the throttle (let the gas go a bit, then give it full gas) both simultaneously. but yeah, what these guys said.. learn to clutch it up

·
Registered
323 Posts
i start out w/power wheelie on my r6 to get the feeling of it coming up, but now i clutch it up and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd w/ bounce on my rr. clutching for me is alot more predictable because i tend to know how high ima get.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, so clutching it up is the general consensus. What gear and what rpm should I start at?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I started in 1st, Just rev a little bit and pop the clutch out, and see if the front lifts, if not rev a little more... and so on and so on untill you get them to where you want... when I say rev a little to start with try like 4k... but I cant say since I dont look at the rpms, I just do it by feel & sound... maybe Ceph can help you out better with this..also I use 1 finger to pop the clutch..when I tried using 2 I ended up slipping the clutch which resulted in rear tire spin.

·
Registered
51 Posts
2nd gear is better cause your not dealing with the wieght of the bike but 1st gear is a little safer but you need really good throttle control. try to clutch it up around 6 or 7. just do little at a time until u feel how the clutch pops the bike up. don't pull on the handle bars it'll come right up. cover the rear brake!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts