Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I just fittet my powercommander v the other day, but i cant find a map for my bike, only yoshimura maps are full systems on the website ..

My setup,

Yoshimura RS-5 slipon
Aftermarket air filter (K and N)
Powercommander 5

I live in Norway and i have no idea if we even have tuners in my city!
Anybody have a map for my set up, that i can try? 0:)

My bike;

CBR600RR 2008

·
Registered
655 Posts
if you call dyno jet, tell them the situation, and ask them to send you a map which relates to the mods you have via email that you can download and put into your power commander. Just until youre able to find a dyno shop!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just fittet my powercommander v the other day, but i cant find a map for my bike, only yoshimura maps are full systems on the website ..

My setup,

Yoshimura RS-5 slipon
Aftermarket air filter (K and N)
Powercommander 5

I live in Norway and i have no idea if we even have tuners in my city!
Anybody have a map for my set up, that i can try? 0:)

My bike;

CBR600RR 2008

buy an autotune, worth the money

·
Registered
185 Posts
An autotune works best after a custom tune.

Even a basic map by someone who had close to the same set up then use auto tune would be better than to just put on auto tune and hope.

·
Registered
20 Posts
An autotune works best after a custom tune.

Even a basic map by someone who had close to the same set up then use auto tune would be better than to just put on auto tune and hope.
I respectfully disagree, the autotune works directly with the PCV based on AF ratios via the O2 sensor bung. It searches for the applied AF ratio and adjusts fuel accordingly through the PCV, If you have a custom map the Autotune will supersede it.
I have direct experience with it, otherwise i wouldn't recommend it, and based on what the OP's needs are it could be the best bang for his bucks.

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
Sooo many people mount a PC, and get worse performance than they had without it. I lol, a lot.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I respectfully disagree, the autotune works directly with the PCV based on AF ratios via the O2 sensor bung. It searches for the applied AF ratio and adjusts fuel accordingly through the PCV, If you have a custom map the Autotune will supersede it.
I have direct experience with it, otherwise i wouldn't recommend it, and based on what the OP's needs are it could be the best bang for his bucks.

I agree. but...
Would not the custom tune get him a very close map then the auto tune would adjust from there. With that being said do the adjustments not need to be logged then changed via computer?
For example user has his custom map based on a given temp humidity and altitude. He goes riding and it's 15deg colder. His auto tune can pick up those changes, log them then he can adjust based on auto tunes readings. If temp changes closer to his base custom map he can then just reload that instead of having to go through auto tune procedure again.
Unless they had that display thing where it can be adjusted on the fly.

That's how i understood it but i could be wrong. If so my apologies

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree. but...
Would not the custom tune get him a very close map then the auto tune would adjust from there. With that being said do the adjustments not need to be logged then changed via computer?
For example user has his custom map based on a given temp humidity and altitude. He goes riding and it's 15deg colder. His auto tune can pick up those changes, log them then he can adjust based on auto tunes readings. If temp changes closer to his base custom map he can then just reload that instead of having to go through auto tune procedure again.
Unless they had that display thing where it can be adjusted on the fly.

That's how i understood it but i could be wrong. If so my apologies

not necessary, the autotune can be left on constant, so no matter the environment it constantly seeks the given parameters. If you have a custom map it will be saved in the PCV and can be accessed through the PCV via computer, you can also save autotune maps.

It comes with a map seeking a relatively neutral AF ratio, not too lean not too rich, and that is adjustable as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
not necessary, the autotune can be left on constant, so no matter the environment it constantly seeks the given parameters. If you have a custom map it will be saved in the PCV and can be accessed through the PCV via computer, you can also save autotune maps.

It comes with a map seeking a relatively neutral AF ratio, not too lean not too rich, and that is adjustable as well.
gotcha, good to know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts