Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am turning my stunt bike back to street and selling it so i no longer have a use for my Powers cage. The cage is in perfect working condition but has scratches in the paint from being dropped a few times. I never laid the bike down at any speed higher than about 10 MPH. It only took about 2 or 3 hard pancake hits but this thing is STRONG and shows no sign whatsoever of damage to the structural integrity of the cage. Retail was $315 shipped from Powers Stuntworx in January so I am asking $150 plus shipping. Below are a couple pictures of the cage on the bike but i can take more upon request. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
543 Posts
do you cut the holes exactly like you would the sliders... ??? i was thinkin bout get a cage but i dont even have sliders yet. dropped my bike and got a nasty scratch right where the slider hole should be... figures huh. so i was wonderin if i could leave all the fairings on and switch between cage / sliders if i wanted

·
Registered
543 Posts
well lookin closer... it appears that the hole would need be a bit larger for the cage.... lemme know

·
Registered
543 Posts
well then the question is... do i go for full cage or just stick with sliders ??? cage obviously be more protection. but we're also talkin on a street bike. that i often ride to work.... think i just answered my own question.

any comments...

·
Registered
188 Posts
do you have to drill the frame or something??? I'm looking at the first picture, and I wasn't aware of any bolt that high up on the frame.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry forgot to post up that the cage is SOLD.

No you dont have to drill into the frame. There is a bracket that bolts to the forward motor mounts on each side. The bracket then goes upward for about 3 - 4 inches and thats where the cage mounts, thats why it looks like that ...

·
Registered
188 Posts
APEX_600RR said:
Sorry forgot to post up that the cage is SOLD.

No you dont have to drill into the frame. There is a bracket that bolts to the forward motor mounts on each side. The bracket then goes upward for about 3 - 4 inches and thats where the cage mounts, thats why it looks like that ...
oh ok I see it now. Wow, that sold fast, but now I think you may have convinced me into buying a cage. Did you use foam pads on the cage because it came into contact with your legs???

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
perf0rmance said:
oh ok I see it now. Wow, that sold fast, but now I think you may have convinced me into buying a cage. Did you use foam pads on the cage because it came into contact with your legs???
Nah i got that foam from the local hard ware store. It was a freebee too haha, they had a bunch of extra pipe insulation in the back that was perfect ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts