Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members want to give some tips and advice on a pre-delivery inspection?

What to look for? What to make sure is taken care of before I leave the dealership?

If everything goes ok with financial stuff, I'll be a new happy/proud owner of a double R this Saturday. I just couldn't resist after taking so many pictures of my buddie's RR.

Thanks in advance,

Len, who's gonna keep his RR garaged with his other R. :D

PS. 04 Black&Red

·
Registered
936 Posts
look for scratches and listen to the engine. If you have any prior experience you know how it sould sound, smooth. Thats all i can think of. Hopefully others can give you better advice

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
If you are buying from a reputable dealer, I'm 99.99% sure you'll be cool. Look for the obvious stuff like Highline said, smooth running motor, no scratches, test the indicators, high beam, horn, kill switch etc. If there is anything wrong, it'll be pretty obvious. Also, the dealer will probably have taken her out for a quick test ride before delivering the bike to you.

Any problems that are due to a manufacturing defect usually surface very early in the life of any machine so you have your warranty to cover you.

Congrats by the way!!! :bounce: Be safe bro....

·
Registered
294 Posts
I picked mine up in the dark didn't look at it or here it to cold to start a new engine.
and it was all good

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Definitely look for scratches, there's no bringing her back for those. Make sure none of the windsheild screws are stripped because they're plastic and strip very easily. Make sure the fairings around the front turn signals are not cracked. That is the easiliest cracked peice if somone walked byand hit a turn signal with their knee it could have cracked there, and it's usually very small cracks so look carefully. Check the bar ends for scratches, the plastic on the mirrors, the foot pegs, levers, engine cases and the turn signals for scratches where they would touch the ground just in case someone dropped it slightly during setup or something. Also twist the throttle and make sure it snaps back, sometimes the grips aren't put on right and they rub the bar ends enough for it to stick open. That's all I can think of for now just don't get screwed by the dealer because you didn't do your part of checking over the bike no matter how anal this may sound.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't think you have anything to worry about. If it is an 03, you may want to look at it because they've probably had it for a while, but if it's an 04, just smile and get ready for a nice break in!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dracus said:
Can we expect some killer pics of the new bike like we saw in your other thread? I need some more pics for wallpapers. :)

Grats on the new bike!
Of course. I'll try to think of some new places to shoot wallpaper material pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts