Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How often do you add injector cleaner to your fuel?
What similar premptive measures do you take to avoid bigger problems down the road with your engine, apart from the obvious timely fluid changes?

EDIT: I guess having a spare cam chain tensioner on hand is always a good thing to have because of the highly fallible units utilized on our bikes.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
never, if my injectors become dirty i just take them out & have them ultrasonic cleaning, flowed & balanced.

i also here chevron fuels with techron do a good job of cleaning the injector nozzles & remove the crud off the back of the valves, they clean as you go so no more need to add cleaning additives to fuel.

Reactions: Rad Rage

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never, if my injectors become dirty i just take them out & have them ultrasonic cleaning, flowed & balanced.

i also here chevron fuels with techron do a good job of cleaning the injector nozzles & remove the crud off the back of the valves, they clean as you go so no more need to add cleaning additives to fuel.
Thanks, I heard the whole if you go over 9000RPM (relatively) your injectors will always stay clean, just didn't think it would be that easy.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Got seafoam in the bike at the moment. For me its less about cleaning and more about stabilising the fuel while its stored over winter.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I removed my injectors when I did my engine swap. One had build up on the nozzle I was thinking of clean them like overrev said but i decided to just wipe it clean with gas this was a year ago tho. never had any issues with the new engine so im not goin to worry about it. Maybe next time its apart ill take em out and have them cleaned. ah this makes me wanna pull my plugs

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I don't do anything aside from regular maintenance and storage prep. Then again I've never bought a bike with the intention of keeping it for more than 3 years. Come to think of it I'm almost at 3 years with the RR...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
regular maintenance and ride it hard. If something happens, I fix it, and keep riding hard til something else happens.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts