Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(this took place in MA)

so I head up to where I'm meeting the rest of ODFU (onedownfiveup.com) crew and take one rip down 116. I pass a few cars so I can hit the corners, you know, the normal routine, well I guess one or two might not have liked it and they called me in. So I pull into the mobile where i'm meeting everyone to find 2 deerfield cops and a state cop. I don't really think much of it at first until I start to turn my bike around and the state cop block my path. He gets out, calmly, and I get off my bike and he asks "how was your ride through ashfield?" At this point i know he knows, and there is no other place I could have been, so I just say "it was nice".

He said he got a couple calls of a speeding motorcycle, and if I he could see my license and reg. So I get those out for him, and he comments on my gear and says "well atleast you are dressed to rip around on the bike." I respond with "well i like my skin ...".

Then he said "well, maybe it isn't you that we are looking for" (he looks at my rear tire "you get over on those pretty well don't ya?"

me: "yeah, just had a track day ..."

he just smiled and said "be safe"

So I walk over to where Mad Max is and just sit and talk with him and I see one of the trucks that I pass pull into the station ... oh ****, here we go. He parks next to the cops, they talk for a while and I hear the cop say "did you get a plate #?"

Few minutes later the state cop comes back over to me and says "the guy that called it in, over in that truck is 95% sure it was you ... i'm giving you a break here, be safe"

He proceeded to let us know of a motorcycle accident he went to where I guy got cut in half, etc; Overall the cop was VERY nice, and very funny. He had a good sense of humor and was not looking to bust my balls at all.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thats cool. They are definately not all pricks. I have had them stop and talk to me at gas stations when mine is on the trailer just to BS about the bike.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
lucky you were not in florida

·
Registered
262 Posts
My friend and I were just riding to the lake yesterday, and there are a few sections that you could safely pass a car- but they are double yellow's. So Nick is up in front, and wants to hit a few corners. He passes a guy in a jeep cherokee... I just kick back, waiting for another friend too. By the time we get up to the lake, Nick says he passed this dude, and thinks he didn't like it. The guy is a fire captain, and just plows into nick about how he hates scraping guys like him off the pavement. I have absolutely nothing to say about this, as I am a little pissed too. One guy can ruin it for everyone as well. We all do it, but what is better, although not right either, is to ride so slow to hold traffic back a ways, until there is a pretty good break, and then tear it up. Oh well.. good thing you didn't get a ticket. :bounce:

·
Registered
812 Posts
You got that guy and I got a cop last week (4th of July) who pulls me over for 42 in a 35 and gives me a $176 ticket cause my insurance card was for my other bike (same policy wrong bike). At least it was no points.

In New Jersey if you don't produce you license, registration and insurance card the fine is $176 and if the speed limit is 65mph and in "special zones" if doubles to $352.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts