Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to make sure I was correct. The range on the 05/06 600rr front preload is 16 turns, is this correct? I thought it was 15 from full soft to full hard but counted 16 and just wanted to make sure this was correct? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
So you got an extra turn? I wouldn't tell the rest of the guys. They'll want an extra turn too.

I'm trying to remember but the flu is clouding my mind. Does one turn really make that big of a difference for you? Or is this just a curiosity question? Standard is 5 turns from full hard.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NewRedRider said:
So you got an extra turn? I wouldn't tell the rest of the guys. They'll want an extra turn too.

I'm trying to remember but the flu is clouding my mind. Does one turn really make that big of a difference for you? Or is this just a curiosity question? Standard is 5 turns from full hard.

Just a curiosity question. Is there something wrong with wanting know the full range? Shouldn't everyone know what the full range of all the suspension knobs are on their bike? Actually yes one turn can make a difference in certain situations, for me anyway, maybe not for everyone. Standard is 5 turns from full soft by the way.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Yes, 5 turns from full soft. I warned you about the flu kicking my a$$ this week. I'm not much better today either. Regardless of the max setting. If you're over 200lbs you'll probably need new springs for your weight. I'm not sure but it sounds like that's where you were going with is.

Doesn't the 05-06 OM say something about going past 15 turns. (i.e. Not to exceed)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts