Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if everyone actually uses Premium gas in their bike, as is recommended, or if you use regular or mid-grade.
Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
i use premium. i've heard lots of stories about how premium isn't as good as regular though because it sits longer and loses it's boom or something. i also know that the 07 600rr is quite smart and will ritard the ignition so to prevent knocking in the cylinder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Here is a good question for you. Today on my way back from school, the bike died on me 4 times. I was on the last bar on the gauge. When filled up, it stopped dying, but I only got 3.2 gallons in, so there was at least a gallon in the tank. Any takers????

·
Registered
937 Posts
Dude, seriously. What does your owners manual say to run?!? Mmk, run that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I run premium, it was just a general question. I only asked because I have a read a few threads arguing that premium really doesnt matter.

·
Registered
937 Posts
haha, thanks man, I like it too

·
Registered
937 Posts
I run premium, it was just a general question. I only asked because I have a read a few threads arguing that premium really doesnt matter.
I was trying to be funny, my bad if I came off like a jerk- you can never be 'wrong' when you roll with the manual, youknowwhuddImean?

·
Registered
995 Posts
using premium here. I don’t know about the sits longer and loses it's boom thing because combustion is mostly chemistry, and the carbon chain in gas dont break down that quick (half live). also i dont want to take the chances of ping my engine
The octane values isn't about the count of eight hydrocarbon chains... but the count of the isomers of those hydrocarbon chains that make up the bulky group that provide the lubrication...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah lol
The octane values isn't about the count of eight hydrocarbon chains... but the count of the isomers of those hydrocarbon chains that make up the bulky group that provide the lubrication...

·
Registered
995 Posts
ggrrrrrr lol^^^

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.