Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have an 05 cbr600rr. i use premium unleaded gas in it. my question is the manuel says i can use regular unleaded. how many many people use regular gas vs premium gas. the reason why i ask is that premium gas just hit $3.16 in san diego,ca. i commute about 75miles round trip per day and i would like to know if anybody else is using regular gas instead of premium? is there advantages to using just regular gas? or should i just stick to the premium? i have owned the bike since it was new and have always put premium gas in it.
thanks for all the input

·
Registered
840 Posts
Use regular gas. Use what the manual tells you to use. Which is regular gas. Don't listen to what anybody else says about higher octane ratings. Just use 87. If anyone wants to explain why, please go ahead.

I'm not trying to sound mean. Sorry if I do. If you search you'll find this topic beaten to death and beyond, past the last circle of hell. They are chock full of back and forth so I thought I'd put it simply for you. Haha. There ya go.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
My buddy works at an airport and puts av gas in his (aviation fuel). He says it performs better, but I dont see it at all when we're riding. It does make the exhaust stink like hell though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
08-01-2004, 10:30 PM #9 buddahbob vbmenu_register("postmenu_133961", true);

Trader Rating: (0)

there is 93 around this town, and they also sell 114 but thats 3 dollars a gallon

look at the date. Man i wish i could get 114 for 3bucks. thats what they want for the cheap ****.

RLTW

·
Registered
50 Posts
Call me crazy, but most bikes only hold 3-5 gallons of gas. So, we are talking about .60 cents to a dollar. Shell it out, just in case!

BOODA said:
hello, i have an 05 cbr600rr. i use premium unleaded gas in it. my question is the manuel says i can use regular unleaded. how many many people use regular gas vs premium gas. the reason why i ask is that premium gas just hit $3.16 in san diego,ca. i commute about 75miles round trip per day and i would like to know if anybody else is using regular gas instead of premium? is there advantages to using just regular gas? or should i just stick to the premium? i have owned the bike since it was new and have always put premium gas in it.
thanks for all the input

·
Registered
860 Posts
Use regular. Even if if might boost a little horsepower, it's only going to be a .10 or so at the flywheel, and deffinately nothing noticeable. If you're worried about quality, go to a big name gas station, instead of mom and pop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts