Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Normally we don't like to get into Politics. But it's interesting to see what everyone thinks about the up
coming Election. Is Romney going to be any better then what we have now ?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I would prefer a "None of the above" option on the ballot, so we could get rid of both of them and start from scratch.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Anything is better than what we have now. 4 more years of spending on an unlimited budget isn't going to fix our problems. Any successful business knows this will never work. Pushing the burden to our kids and grandkids isn't going to make it any better. Without going into details I will leave it at that. I would put my name if I had a chance of winning.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
In that case, due to the 600rr.net outrage over the two contenders.

I will run for president.

First on the list, cutting all foreign aid to countries that do not like us or criticize us.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Anything is better than what we have now. 4 more years of spending on an unlimited budget isn't going to fix our problems. Any successful business knows this will never work. Pushing the burden to our kids and grandkids isn't going to make it any better. Without going into details I will leave it at that. I would put my name if I had a chance of winning.
And that is the main reason I honestly don't know if I want kids, the next 5+ years are going to be scary until the budget gets under control

@SeanO- I'd vote for you haha. On a serious note, somewhere in Texas they had an inmate run for office and the town elected him over Obama and Romney-True story. Need to see if I can find it..somewhere on yahoo

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I hear this question a lot. Reagan: "Ask yourself, 'Are you better off now than you were four years ago?

Are you better off now than 4 years ago because of something the government did?
NO, I do the things to better my life, not the government. Leave me alone and let me live my life. The less of you that I have to deal with the easier my life is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I say neither, Romney and Obama are too close to each other, there isn't much of a difference. I'm not convinced Romney is the lesser evil either.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I agree. IMO you have two choices of how you want the country to fall.
A.) Romney purposely bankrupting the country to increase his own pocket.
B.) Obama accidentally bankrupting the country because he has spending issues.

Same end result just different ways to get there

·
Registered
795 Posts
I personally think the country is starting to head in the right direction, correcting the lack of investment in our infrastructure. Are we going into debt? Yes, and I know that's not good. But what's the alternative? Let our country deteriorate even more? Bad idea.

Here's the analogy I use. If you were the parent in a family and something broke, it could be anything from a kids arm to a drainage pipe in your house, would you not fix it right away? Here's the options, you fix it but go into debt to do so. You struggle for a while and have to go without some things. That's option 1. Or you don't fix it because you say you can't afford it and don't want to go into debt. Well guess what? It still needs to be fixed. But by putting it off, it's now going to cost you many times more what it would have cost you to fix right away. That's our country. And we can choose to fix our schools, roads, economy, etc. right now but go into debt to do so, or we can just do nothing but try to cut everything so that the books look nice. Your choice.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
That is not what I do when something breaks. I sell things that I don't need or can go without to fix something. That is what our government needs to do. STOP spending and get rid of the useless agencies we already have.

The problem with that analogy is the government isn't the one in control of the money, we supply the government with the money so we are the ones that are having to go into debt to pay for things they want, not what we want. We give the government the money to spend and they spend it on "more important things"

Our government isn't here to create jobs. The private section of this country is what creates jobs. The vendors/sponsors on this site, your local places. Our government can't create/run any business in the green. Nothing they have done is breaking even or creating any profit, so why should we bail out a failing business. Let them fail then we can then take over and run this country the way it is supposed to be. We don't need all of these political jobs in Washington, our country will run just fine without them and they know this, that is why they are trying to get into every part of our lives so we can't live without them. STATES individually need to stand up and take control over the spending.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm not suppose to say anything bad about obama. Doesn't mean I have to say anything good!

·
Registered
795 Posts
That is not what I do when something breaks. I sell things that I don't need or can go without to fix something. That is what our government needs to do. STOP spending and get rid of the useless agencies we already have.
I did say "You struggle for a while and have to go without some things."

I agree there are definitely things that need to be cut from government. But I think there is a big difference between cutting and reforming.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I did say "You struggle for a while and have to go without some things."

I agree there are definitely things that need to be cut from government. But I think there is a big difference between cutting and reforming.
5 Trillion dollars in spending? It's going to be a long time of struggling to pay that back.

Starting over is more of the words that I would like to use. We remove everyone from office and we start from scratch. Too many people are way to comfortable in their offices buried in the back of a building that no one goes into that is writing their 2 sentences in to the bill before it goes to get voted on. We are making this way more complicated than it needs to be. People need to be responsible for their actions. Privatize many of our government organizations. People can then choose who/where they want things to happen. All the money paid into the government is returned to the citizens that paid for it. You only get the amount you paid in. No one is entitled to so much of everyone else's money. I can decide what I want to do with my money, if there comes a time when I need it I will use it, I don't need the government to approve me get my money back.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Lets look further into your mindset. If I'm a parent, yeah I'm going to take care of MY kids. But America wants to take care of its kids, its brother's kids, my mechanic's kids, and the guy that makes my shoes kids. We send money to relieve everyone alllllllll around the world (even to those that want to blow us up aka N. Korea) but yet that vet that is missing a leg, eats out the trash, and can't afford his meds gets forgotten. Does it suck to see people in bad times in another country yeah, but am I going to take care of everyone else before my own.....NO.

On top of that...we jail ppl that don't pay taxes but give money to illegal immigrants, allow them to not be taxed, and even pay them not to work after they have 7 kids. And now we apparently will pay for their college. But yet we have how many ppl going broke b/c they can't pay their student loans. My sis in law and other friends (from Brazil, P Rico, etc.) did it the legal way....so I don't have much sympathy

·
Registered
925 Posts
Romney is by far the lesser of the two evils. the man in office right now is a joke and how he got elected is beyond me. (and even won a nobel prize???) sadly the sheep will show up during election time to vote him back in..just long enough so he can change term limits and remain president for as long as his followers will allow.

Ron Paul should have won in a landslide for GOP then sent an eviction notice to obama the very next day. if he wins again im moving to an island and becoming self sufficient

·
Registered
795 Posts
Lets look further into your mindset. If I'm a parent, yeah I'm going to take care of MY kids. But America wants to take care of its kids, its brother's kids, my mechanic's kids, and the guy that makes my shoes kids. We send money to relieve everyone alllllllll around the world (even to those that want to blow us up aka N. Korea) but yet that vet that is missing a leg, eats out the trash, and can't afford his meds gets forgotten. Does it suck to see people in bad times in another country yeah, but am I going to take care of everyone else before my own.....NO.

On top of that...we jail ppl that don't pay taxes but give money to illegal immigrants, allow them to not be taxed, and even pay them not to work after they have 7 kids. And now we apparently will pay for their college. But yet we have how many ppl going broke b/c they can't pay their student loans. My sis in law and other friends (from Brazil, P Rico, etc.) did it the legal way....so I don't have much sympathy
I agree with everything you said here. I'm all for keeping the money state side instead of sending it over seas. I don't think my analogy goes against that.

·
Registered
925 Posts
And now we apparently will pay for their college. But yet we have how many ppl going broke b/c they can't pay their student loans. My sis in law and other friends (from Brazil, P Rico, etc.) did it the legal way....so I don't have much sympathy
this drove me nuts. when i was in school im paying my own way through. working full time. owning a house and received no help. kid i sat next to didnt work at all and got all of his school paid for PLUS living expenses. he got an extra $1000/month to pay rent and other bills (it went to beer and drugs). now i have student loans and he doesnt. hes prob dead in a ditch somewhere but at least debt free.

*for the record he was not an illegal. just someone taking advantage of the system

1 - 20 of 74 Posts