Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have a motorcycle permit, not a license. The other day was really warm outside, so I couldnt convince any of my buddies to go for a ride with me. I decided to head out on my own, and stick close to home. I rode around for about 30 minutes, and decided to head home because I sweating like crazy.

I turned down a pretty empty road and decided opening the bike up a little would probably get me a nice breeze and cool me down. I hit about 110mph. Of course I didnt notice the cop that turned the corner just a couple seconds after I did.

Needless to say he turned his sirens on and I pulled over and waited for him to catch up. I was pretty sure I was in for a real bad night at this point. I was speeding, and driving with only a permit!!

Apparently it was my lucky night! Cop was a young guy who was really cool. Told me he clocked me at only 70, but knew I was going alot faster. He also explained all the other things he could have given me a ticket for, but wasnt rude at all.

He wrote me a careless driving ticket. Explained that it was 2 points, but I should plead not guilty and they will reduce it to a moving violation, 0 points. By far the coolest cop I have ever had to deal with!!!!

Sorry for the long read, this was the short versin of the story though!!! LOL!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well, glad you didn't get some awful ticket or your bike or permit taken away or anything.

That said, 110 mph to cool down a little bit? Get some perforated leathers or mesh gear and stop breaking the law for silly reasons methinks!

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
yeah man thats pretty cool.... just watch out cause chances are that the next one wont be soo nice
+1 on that bro. That could have went so very much worse. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
you definitely lucked out

there arent many "nice" ones around here. Had one pull next to me once when I used to have my old intrepid and told me to slow down and that was it. But i think its because the car was all growl and no bite (94 intrepid 3.3 with flowmasters... you get the idea) so seeing as I was just nailing it from light to light and not going more than 5 over the speed limit he only yelled at me lol.

on the other hand, I had another once pull me over because he thought I was gonna pass another car on a double yellow. He basicly pulled me over just to be a douche and didnt give me anything since I wasnt speeding and the car he thought I was gonna pass was like 20 car lengths in front of me. I even told him that the Last time I checked, my concorde wasnt pulling that fast to be able to pull that one off, so he said just be safe blah blah blah.

·
Registered
224 Posts
That is cool and all, but for the most part (eventhough, yes they are important, we need them, and I respect what they do) they are ARSES!!!!! For this one or a few good stories, there are sooooooo many fricked up stories of constables being straight BIATCHES, most times for no reason, except for the fact you ride.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If I was already doing 110... I prolly would have just blown his ass away and never looked back. Just because odds are you arent gonna get that "cool" cop you will get the ones that want to write you a ticket for everything they can....

Either way running is only good in certain situations where getting away is easy. Maybe stopping was the right thing to do. I stopped the other day (cause I wasnt speeding) got a tag ticket. ha.

Ya win some ya lose some, be safe bro

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice!! Didnt know there were any cool cops in NJ. Where in jersey are you? The only time Ive gotten pulled over i ended up with 10 points. 40 over in a construction and reckless driving. The trooper was a huge *******. Luckily I got it down to 2 pts in court took a class online and now have no points.

·
Registered
57 Posts
apparently in colorado they could give two sh*ts about a permit vs license. My buddy got pulled over doing 95 in a 50 and was given a 12 point ticket but it didnt matter he only had his permit. Then a few days later he got pulled over on the same road doing 62 and the cop was so chill he said they just sat there and talked for like 15 min. Neither cop mentioned giving a ticket for riding without a license. :bootyshak

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Got pulled over twice in the same weekend. First one gave me a fix-it ticket for license plate and verbal warning on license plate. Second one was going to give me a ticket for cutting someone off to make a left turn, and for a license plate but I told him the new license plate is on order. He didn't want to double ding me so he let me go. Motorcycle cop too. I know down the road, there won't be too much of this since our state is in a financial crunch. They'll have to write double the amount of tickets.

To Run or Not to Run?

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
decided opening the bike up a little would probably get me a nice breeze and cool me down. I hit about 110mph.
:tard::tard:

Thats a great idea..because theres nothing like a 110mph "breeze":tard::tard::tard:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
It's so easy to go from legal speed to 110mph with the RR. I will keep that in mind as I write this responce. The cop was cool to you, form your prespective. If he gave you the ticket you deserved yet was still cordual to you, would you still feel the same way? What if he did? Wouldn't you feel he is a jerk anyway? What if he was a cool guy that gave you the ticket you deserved because he cares for your life and those around you? People never think about the fact that sometimes cops are really out there to protect you, it's not about the little pink or yellow paper that is gonna cost you money. It's about safelty and you going home in one piece at night instead of being scraped off the pavement and him having to feel horrible while he writes up an accident report. It sucks to see dead people lying in the road, young people especially...it's the worst and makes me glad I'm no longer a cop. I guess I care too much for people in general.

·
Registered
389 Posts
James,

With all due respect to your service as a police officer...

Most citations are issued as a result of a Speed trap.

Speed traps are strictly about revenue enhancement. They have nothing to do with "safety".

If you want to promote "safety" you legislate tougher standards for licensing.

Police officers can be put to far better use than running speed traps.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
James,
Pulling someone over, and explaining to them the risk they are putting themselves and other in would be caring for someone in my eyes. When the ticket is issued, it has nothing to do with the cop caring for you. But I totally agree with stopping someone when they see them doing wrong.

You were a cop you say, well then how many times did you pull someone over and think, "I really like this guy, and gosh, I just want him to be safe. I will issue him this ticket, and that should be all the safety lesson he needs."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts