Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is almost in immaculate condition with 4k miles on it. It comes with around $400-500 dollars of aftermarket stuff (sliders, rear seat cowl, custom striping, jacket, etc). Plus, it still has two years of warrenty on it. It's the blue/silver color scheme. Does $6000 seem like a fair/good price to pay for it (being sold privately by my 50 y/o uncle, lol)?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I paid 6500 for mine, same bike, same condition, only i got the 5 year warranty. It's a decent price, go for it, he will love the bike! plus everyone really like the blue and silver. i didn't back in 07, i liked the white, but they blue is so gorgeous in the sun.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Seems like a good price. If its got all the basic starter mods done already that will save you a few hundred off the bat after your purchase. And if im reading right is it being sold by or bought for your uncle? If being sold by, then as long as hes a trust worthy guy and you'd most likely know if he ever did do anything bad too it, i'd go for it. Play the family card see if you can knock him down another 500 say your his favorite nephew and what not lol. The blue silver is beautiful, its just a pain in the arse matching the blue for anything but I too am a fan of the white scheme

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems like a good price. If its got all the basic starter mods done already that will save you a few hundred off the bat after your purchase. And if im reading right is it being sold by or bought for your uncle? If being sold by, then as long as hes a trust worthy guy and you'd most likely know if he ever did do anything bad too it, i'd go for it. Play the family card see if you can knock him down another 500 say your his favorite nephew and what not lol. The blue silver is beautiful, its just a pain in the arse matching the blue for anything but I too am a fan of the white scheme
Yes, it's being sold to me by my uncle. He took great care of it.......washed and waxed on the regular, did recommended maintenance, etc. The bike was never abused. I've ridden with him many times and know how he rides. He's moved on to bigger and better things though......an 08 Busa! lol

Unfortunately he's not going to budge on price I don't think. I know that the nada in excellent condition from a dealer is around $6800, stock. Great thing about this bike is I know where it came from and how it was cared for.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
All the 07's in my area are going for around $5200-6000.

If you know that he's taken care of it, and not abused it, I would definitely pay the extra money for that peace of mind any day.

Good luck! :01_thumbu

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sound like afair price. especially since you know the history.Go for it brother and be safe!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'd say that's a "fair" deal, but not a "great" deal...talk to your mom, or dad, tell them to tell their sibling to give you a better price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i paid 6600 for mine but it only had 400 miles on it and came with a joe rocket jacket(mesh), HJC helmet, i win rear tail light, sliders, a ramp, kryptonite wheel lock and it was in mint condition.. never been dropped ,as per the seller, but no visual damage wut soe ever.... i think 6000 is a good deal...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well gentleman I bought it. :)

Same price and he threw in the front and back (t-rex) stands. It was a fair deal but I know where the bike came from and how it was treated so I have that piece of mind. Looking forward to the mods now!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd say that's a "fair" deal, but not a "great" deal...talk to your mom, or dad, tell them to tell their sibling to give you a better price.
Agreed.

If you ask me. Fair is something you get from a private party. Cousin or sibling? Good price! 50 year old uncle? Should be a GREAT price! :icon_lol:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well gentleman I bought it. :)

Same price and he threw in the front and back (t-rex) stands. It's was a fair deal but I know where the bike came from and how it was treated so I have that piece of mind. Looking forward to the mods now!
Awesome, congrats! I agree piece of mind knowing the history of the bike; I'd pay extra for that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts