Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Dealership and got a price for a 2004 Honda CBR600RR.
I TOLD THE DEALERSHIP LADY THAT I WOULD BE PAYING CASH . SO MY QUESTION IS. IS 8354.45 TOO MUCH FOR THIS BIKE SINCE I'M PAYING CASH AND NOT financing???????? Or should i try for a lower price. :???:

·
Registered
734 Posts
thats not a bad out the door price. There isnt really a difference between financing and cash from the start. If you were financing you would just get a loan for $8354.45, the higher price comes in the long run when you pay interest. The dealership isnt going to give you a deal because you have cash, they get the same amount of money if it be cash from you or cash from Honda Financing.

H

·
0 Posts
if that is OTD then it would be a good price... price varies between areas... if the dealer is confident that they can sell the bikes they have they are not going to be as willing to lower prices.... the way that i look at it is that any price OTD at or below MSRP is good....

·
Registered
83 Posts
$8300 out the door is real good...
but you can get it out as low as $8000-$8100.

if you plan on doing custom work on your bike, don't buy extended warranty. you'll just void it. i know some peeps that bought theirs for like almost $9k OTD and spent that extra money such as purchasing extended warranty, for nothing...

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just got mine on friday.

$7499 OTD, including frame & swingarm sliders (installed) and some chain lube.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
If that's OTD, it's a pretty good price. They usually charge from $1000 to $1500 for dealer prep, tax, yadda yadda yadda. That means you're getting the bike for $6800-$7300. That's a pretty good deal for this time of the year. If they are going to charge you for prep,etc on top of the $8300, you're getting ripped, run for the hills.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought mine OTD for 7600 the first week that the 03 came out. Mine was the first 600rr that the dealer got. Dont let them tell you that there is not much markup in them.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
$8354.45 seems fair as It's all about where you live. Shop around your area and if that is the best price you can come up with or you like that dealer more than the others for some reason or another, I would say go for it.

Jason

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
If its OTD it's a good price. You havent mentioned if it is or not.

people think CASH is king. Dealerships make more money from the financing. They'd prefer to finance the bike. People think way too highly of cash. When I was selling my gs500 for $2700 I had people offering me $1500 CASH...they would emphasize CASH as if I would take 50 cents on the dollar because its cash...had to tell them its ALWAYS cash.

·
Registered
77 Posts
pantablo said:
..they would emphasize CASH as if I would take 50 cents on the dollar because its cash...had to tell them its ALWAYS cash.
Totally agree! I mean, it used to be worth something when people would write checks where it may save you the hassle.Or for the immediate purchase option rather than waiting on them to get the financing. But times have changed!

I'd never take a check for a personal sale, and I really hate them from new customers (i.e. young). And banks have gotten so much quicker on financing. I think you can get a loan and have cash-in-hand in about 30 minutes. If someone offers me cash, then it just makes my life eaiser...It's not going to make me lower the price any though. Now trades...that may get me to go down a bit :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
well if that's for an 04 what do you guys htink a dealer would be charging for a new/used 03?

8250 was what i was expecting to end up paying for a used 03 but if that's average/good for an 04 what're 03's goin for?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts