Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Little Problem I Have Noticed. When I Am At Idle And Start To Accelerate My Bike Feels Like It Bogs Slightly. It Is An 05 600rr With A K&n Filter And That Is It. The Bike Has 12k And Has Been Serviced With The Exception Of Plugs And A Valve Clearance Test. I Noticed My Idle Was Around 1200 To 1500 Rpm And Is Only Slightly Noticeable When The Bike Gets Warm In Stop And Go Traffic. Any Input Would Be Appreciated. Thank You.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think mine has the same thing, its and 03 with k&n drop in, jardine rt1 race baffle, and pcIII, but other people I ride with have the same thing at idle. Can't be that bad, anyone with more knowledge chip in if I'm wrong

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Adjust the cable slack out and recalibrate the throttle position if you have a PCIII. Just make sure when you adjust the throttle cables that you can turn them full lock from left the right without the idle rpm increasing.

Checked your chain slack lately?

·
Registered
157 Posts
it could possibly be your plugs.that could make it bog off idle or if there bad enough make it a have a slight misfire at idle

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adjust the cable slack out and recalibrate the throttle position if you have a PCIII. Just make sure when you adjust the throttle cables that you can turn them full lock from left the right without the idle rpm increasing.

Checked your chain slack lately?
I did check my chain slack but I am curious how it could be that chain slack could be a cause. I do not know much about the problems of chain slack, aside from being bad for the chain i just figured it would make the throttle jumpy when shifting?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts