Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just installed some ASV levers, but i somehow broke the pivot bolt and the locknut for the brake side.

where can i buy these?

or if anyone has them laying around and not using, can i buy it off you?

also, while i am at it...the bolt on the clutch side somehow got rusted...i would like to buy that too...

if someone can lead me in the right direction please.

Thank in advance.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Could you go to a hardware store and find some nice stainless bolts in the same size? Just make sure they are only partially threaded... Basically, just go buy the bolt that looks exactly like the one you broke (and the rusted one too). Probably could get both with nuts for a few bucks and you don't have to wait for shipping.

If you do that though, just make sure they are stainless so they don't rust.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i can simply just go to a home depot and find a bolt just like the one that they use on our bikes?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Email ASV and i am sure they will send you new ones for free
the piece didnt come from ASV.

its the bolt that holds our stock levers in place.

well i guess i will try home depot, but if anyone does have some laying around let me know.

thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm not sure how you broke that bolt, but never the less just match it up with one at the hardware stores and be preparred to spend upwards of $0.58 each bolt :icon_lol:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im such a stupid idiot...i left the bolt at home.

anyone know the length or size? thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
Look at a fiche on www.ronayers.com. Sometimes they give you the size of the fasteners. Also, if you have a manual check there. If you don't have one, do a Google on it and download it from the net.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i am already looking at the fiche but no lengths :(

ill just grab something from memory.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like this...but i think this is the clutch side. i hope they are the same size on brake side.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I'm about to say. Kinda scared me there with the title. I thought ASV has some defects or something. I just bought a set, can't wait to install it tomorrow.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the install was easy...it was my fault i guess for messing up the stock screw that's off the bike, not the levers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts