Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys maybe yall can help. here recently, my bike stoped starting.(07 600) i have to put it in neutral to start it now, i cant do it while in gear anymore. iam thinking its some kind of sensor cause 9 time out of 10, it is. also when i turn off my bike i normally do so by putting down the kickstand, if that has anything to do with it. so your knowledge would be appreciated.

thanks, Patch

·
Registered
403 Posts
so your saying to shut off your bike while its running you put the kickstand down? why not just use the kill switch or turn the key off? you might have fudged up the sensor on the kickstand. let us know when you solve the problem and gl..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else got any advice?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
That same thing happened to me after I installed some things on my bike.. I can only start it in neutral, no matter what the kickstand is doing. Bad connection to kickstand switch maybe?

·
Registered
901 Posts
ok guys maybe yall can help. here recently, my bike stoped starting.(07 600) i have to put it in neutral to start it now, i cant do it while in gear anymore. iam thinking its some kind of sensor cause 9 time out of 10, it is. also when i turn off my bike i normally do so by putting down the kickstand, if that has anything to do with it. so your knowledge would be appreciated.

thanks, Patch
not to be a **** but u do have the kickstand up when u try to start it in gear right ..

·
Registered
122 Posts
repalce the clutch sensor, the one on the handle bar. here are the ways this bike starts
1. in neutral, kickstand up or down
2. in gear, kickstand MUST be up and clutch lever IN

other than that no start

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Haha, I bet thats it. I look the switches off on the left clipon. Is thats where the clutch sensors are, right? Any way to bypass that? Just connect them? The is a race only bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts