Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So acouple of days ago i decided to take my calipers off and paint them. After painting them i put them back on and now my front brake lever wont build up and pressure. I tried bleeding them but nothing seems to work. the bike is an 07 600rr any ideas?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'm going to assume the basics like you have a clear hose on the bleeder at the calipers. So with that... let gravity bleed the lines first. Crack open one bleeder valve and wait till you see fluid coming out. It won't be perfectly bubble free but get it close... then do the other side the same. With the systen totally filled with air... you can't pump fluid into it. the air compresses too much that it won't bleed. Once you get some fluid in... you can go to pumping and bleeding.

On the '07... there is also a bleeder valve on the MC. Bleed all 3 and you should be fine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive done that already, opened the bleeder and waited for fluid to start coming but it doesnt.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
When I changed my front lines I had to get a hose and actually blow fluid into the damn line to get it to bleed. I got a long tube, sucked a lil bit of it up like a straw, and blew the fluid through the line. Mind you I had my gf open and close the bleeder valve, but hey it worked on the first try and lie a charm.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
many motorcycles require the use of a vacuum bleeder. my old ninja 250 did so i finally broke down and bought a kit for like $35. i've more than got my change back by now!

·
Registered
709 Posts
yes, once the lines are empty, you need pressure to get them filled with fluid again. I use a mity vac for vacuum bleeding a new or empty system

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did these exact steps. Pulled the reservoir cover off, then the master nipple, then on one caliper hooked up my friends vacuum bleeder, pumped it a couple times, opened the bleeder on the caliper while the pressure was dropping on the vacuum gauge the reservoir would not bubble at at... the level of fluid in there would not go down. am i still doing something wrong?
Thanks for the input so far guys i appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
MC cover off but leave the bleeder at the MC closed. One reason fluid will not vacuum down the line is that the brake lever is not fully releasing in the MC. The MC is just a piston... lever fully released... then fluid can flow from the res into the lines. Squeeze the lever a little and that opening is closed so that the piston can build pressure in the line.... stopping the bike.

did you install new levers?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried again today the same thing. Open the reservoir. hooked up the vacuum to the bleeder on the caliper and began to build pressure in the vacuum. then pumped the lever and held it. opened the bleeder valve on the caliper. but what i noticed when i was looking in the reservoir the fluid would go down a little bit then when i would close the bleeder on the caliper and release the brake lever the fluid would rise back to normal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Put the vacuum pump on one of the front calipers. Leave the MC cover off. Build the pressure on the Vacuum pump and crack the bleeder open. Have someone keep the vacuum pressure steady and keep pumping the front brake lever (keep doing it until there are no more air bubbles). Close the bleeder, then go to the other front caliper and repeat the same steps. Ensure that you keep the MC full. You might have to do this process 3 or 4 times to get all of the air out of the lines. This is due to the ( I assume you have the stock brake hoses on the bike that has one line exiting the MC, and a junction block that spits into two lines for each front caliper).

I would suggest installing "Speed-bleeders" on each caliper. It will make the process got much quicker. And better yet, go with braided steel brake lines for the front. You will be amazed at how much better lever feel you will have.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright ill try that. thanks for the help again guys i hope this works i want to ride :( and the next on my list for mods is galfer lines. i might be doing this a little earlier then expected if i cant get my brakes working.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FINALLY FIGURE IT OUT!!
Since I'm very new to bikes in general i don't know jack ****. The step that i was not doing was pulling out that dam black thing in the reservoir! lol. i was wondering why my brake fluid level would go down a little bit when i bled it out the first time and then the second time it wouldn't go back up :(

Thanks again to everyone that helped me out!

·
Registered
407 Posts
glad to hear that,now im about to try and bleed my brakes today(without a speedbleeder).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts