Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went out to ride my bike last night but I couldn't turn the key to the ignition position. Everything else worked like locking the steering and unlocking the back compartment. I tried wiggling the handlebars but nothing worked.

It has been like a week since I've last ridden it (with no drops/crashes) and I only have one key. My bike is locked in a garage so I don't think anybody tried stealing it.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Mine did that a few weeks ago.. I forgot what I did but I was flipping out because it was just after my crash.. But it wasn't related as you can tell as yours is doing he same..
I also have a graffiti.. I think I just took the key out and wiggled the handle bars then kept moving the key and it just unlocked like something got binder up a little and needed the right motion to free it self..

Now it works like it should just mess with it and if that doesn't work then idk but I too had this issue for a day or 2 and just kept trying to put the key in at different depths and turning and it just let go one time. Assuming your having the same issue

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, did you use anything to clean out the keyhole?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^cool thanks, ill get my hands on some of that stuff and try it out!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i tried out the graphite powder, was out in the garage for over an hour trying to wiggle and turn the handlebars too but to no avail.

is there a way to take out the ignition cylinder and manually clean it? im thinking just take off the top triple and the two torx screws?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts