Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys!! i have a problem with my cbr600rr 07.. my rear brake was weak and i changed the brake oil and was still weak so i changed the brake pad and is still weak.. when i push the brake hard the tyre dont block.. there is no air in the brake lines... what is the problem? i dont have rear brake.... HELLLPPPP PLEASEEE!!!!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
i mean it sounds like an air problem is your brake pedal adjusted properly to the cylinder the two lil nuts? not sure how that would affect it tho.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
what's a rear brake?:crackup:

it's not particularly strong to begin with but check that there's no crap sticking the piston. other than that I don't know, I only rarely use it at the track & it's not to stop

·
Registered
860 Posts
could be the piston is stuck but also as it's a sliding caliper it could be the caliper is corroded onto the pin and not sliding.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
mine is exactly the same,its just the way it is,mine will just about lock wheel on gravel but not on tarmac,as others said its more a control brake as opposed to all out stopping,i reckon you might just have to put up with it

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would check to see how tight the brake pads are against the rotor when u push the brake. They could just be out of adjustment.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
could be the piston is stuck but also as it's a sliding caliper it could be the caliper is corroded onto the pin and not sliding.
^This.

Mine was similar until I removed and cleaned up the calliper inc slider pin. The pin was corroded which made it difficult for the pads to slide properly. I did install HEL stainless steel braided brake lines at the same time and I'm pretty sure that helped with feel too.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I have the same problem OP. To stop via my rear brake I literally have to shift all my weight to my right foot and pretty much stand up and even then I'm not sure it would ever lock up on anything other than gravel. I replaced the pads, replaced the fluid, bled the lines and cleaned all relevant rear brakes parts and it MAYBE helped a tiny bit. But 2 weeks later (now) my rear brakes are no better than they were before I cleaned/replaced everything. I mean the only things I can think of that may help now would be an all new MC - kinda drastic, or like someone else said, new stainless steel brake lines? Honestly, I wish I had access to another 600 to compare my rear brakes against to see if this "weak" behavior is just normal for cbr's.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Ya like everyone stated rear brake is very weak. When used with the front I barely feel a difference. it's a control stop to balance weight. When I put my ss lines on it stiffened up the pedal ALOT.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
you may have glazed pads /rotor.....and/or seized pistons?

clean pad faces and rotor with sandpaper (NOT silica based sandpaper)

check for seized pistons....you can clean them up and restore movement w/o taking the caliper apart....if not in too bad a condition.

then brake cleaner fluid.....ride it and do a series of increasing speed/braking effort stops to bed the pads/rotor.

I have ebc hh pads galfer ss lines and can easily get rear to skip/skid with medium foot pressure....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts