Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am extremely frustrated at the moment because i thought i was dealing with a reputable internet company only to find out that i am now locked in to a buisness transaction with them, and all i want is my money back.

I placed an order with streetracerparts.com on 1/15/07 for a clear integrated taillight for my fathers bike. I recieved the part and soon realized that it was for the wrong year/make of the bike. This was my error because i ordered the wrong part. I sent an email explaining this to the company on 2/12/07 and they promptly responded telling me to return the item and it would be exchanged.

I was living at school at the time and the part was at my dads house, so i didnt end up mailing it back until 4/2/07. From there i proceeded to wait 3 weeks or so for the exchange to arrive. When it didnt show up i called the company and gave them my info, only to be told it would be shipped out the following buisness day (they never sent it out). I called back about 3 weeks later and recieved the same response. that it would be shipped out on the following business day. after waiting another 3 weeks or so (about 2 and a half months total) i called back to inform them politely that i no longer wanted the part and would rather have my money back. I was told that i would recieve a call back stating whether or not my refund would be sent. I never got the call. So when i called back once again i was told that my situation was sent over to accounting to be decided, so when i spoke with them they told me they could only give me store credit.

I then proceeded to be told by the "owner" that there is no way to send my money back as it would not go into their system because they had a 30 day refund policy, and the computer would not be able to process it.

So here i am stuck almost 7 months later, with no part or money. and i have no use for their store credit. I find it hard to believe that they cant send a refund through and i want to file a complaint with someone but dont know where or who to contact.

anyone have any suggestions????

·
Registered
857 Posts
im sure "the system" can process a refund. that sounds like a bunch of crap.
but i do think that a store credit is fair.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i agree that the store credit would have been fair at the time i originally asked for the exchange, but after 2 1/2 months of wrestling with them to get the correct part sent, i dont want to deal with it anymore, 3 separate times i called and was told that the part would be shipped, and i never recieved it. to me this is bad business practice, plus my father has since sold his bike so there is no need for the part or the credit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts