Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Mircea and i have a Honda CBR 600 RR Graffiti 2008 with 1550 km on board. I bought a new Yoshimura RS5 slip-on (the carbon one) from a german dealer for this kind of bike and it's on it from 0 km. Last year i also had a CBR 600 RR 2004 with yoshimura rs5 slip-on (stainless steel) but the sound made by this exhaust is very different from the carbon exhaust. The exhaust from the 2008 cbr makes the specific yoshimura sound only between 7-9000 RPM, unlikelly the exhaust from the 2004 cbr, which is a beautiful sound of yoshimura`s "power" from 1.0000 to 13.000 RPM. I love yoshimura exhaust but the one i have now it sounds like a stock exhaust with a bit of yoshimura sound and i`m a bit dissapointed. Can you help me with this problem? Have you ever heard about this big difference between the same yoshimura exhausts?i dont have a low volume insert.
Best regards,

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wait till you get some miles on it. I have the ss yoshi cf end cap and it has def. changed in sound since I have put some miles on it.(packing)?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
same things is happening to my buddies gsxr. sounds stock till he gets up in revs. my yoshi on my f3 sounds like a monster no matter the rpm. wait it out or get another slip on.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm using the same RS-5 (but Ti) on my 08'

I noticed the screaming note from low rev til 7K...when climbs to 9K, start to tone down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts