Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was coming to a normal stop I put my bike in N, so thinking that I was in N (which was displayed on my gauge), I let go the clutch and the bike stales? Have you guys ever had this problem? Did I do something wrong? I guess it wasnt in N? Any info on this problem? or is this just a thing? :?: :?: :???:

C

·
0 Posts
just a thing.... :roll: Are you sure it was in neutral? Did it lunge at all? Sounds like when you try to kick it into gear with the kickstand down..

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had the same problem - happened only once. there is a tiny gap between neutral and triggering the neutral safety switch. you were in between this area. kind of embarassing esp when it happens at a signal, between cars. :oops:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Eh I think starting your bike at gas station and then going into gear with your kick stand down is more embarasing =)

·
Registered
465 Posts
This happens once in a while......but.....you should be able to feel it when you are shifting (i.e. the shift lever under your left foot does not quite go all the way down).

This usually happens when you pull in the clutch and start down sifting several gears at a time .....with out disengaging the clutch and bliping the throttle.

Down shift correctly....and you won't have a problem. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Nothing wrong with the bike...it's just a machine that requires correct input from the operator. :roll:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so whats the correct way of downshifting:? is it one gear at a time? or is it still ok to downshift several at a time? I think that might be the problem. Usually when I come to a complete stop I pull in the clutch and downshift several gears untill I hit N. I dont know, anyother thoughts?

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I got stuck between N and 2nd once because I did not pull up hard enough, made a grinding noise.

$hit Happens.

Jason

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm not sure if it is the correct way, but as I slow down I downshift gradually incase I need to accelerate again. This way I will be in the proper gear for whatever speed I am going. If I have to stop very fast I will just completely downshift all gears once I come to a complete stop.

·
Registered
465 Posts
If you are coming to a complete stop and as you mentioned "pull in the clutch and downshift several gears until you hit N", you do run the risk of having the bike not actually end up in neutral. This is just a function of how the sequential transmission in a motorcycle is designed.

This will not hurts the transmission...... but the correct way (and assured of getting in neutral) is to progressively downshifting through the gears blipping the throttle and releasing the clutch for each gear as you decelerate.

Sounds like a lot of work? Well that’s part of the fun of riding a motorcycle.:D :D

At any rate if you prefer “the several gears at a time” method……just be aware of the feel and feed back from your left foot. You will get the hang of it.
;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts