Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok me and a friend were doing a couple sprints all the way to the end of 5th. After about 3-4 runs at the 5th at about 13.5k the clutch seemed to slip and go immediatelly 15 k of course which i let off. he had the same problem. I was wondering is this normal and the clutch just gets hot.

I have a 07 cbr 600rr
he has a 07 gsxr750.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
amsoil synthetic. think its 10w40?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope. it was the stock oil then amsoil from then on. about 4500 miles on the bike now.

K

·
0 Posts
it always happens at 13.5? and are you SURE is actually happens? you wrote is it seemed it went to 15k... it's odd that a mechanical problem would happen to two different engines at the same point. were you riding the same strip of land every time this happened?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I wonder if they are hitting a bump in the road causing the rear to lose contact for a second, causing the revs to "jump".

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yah same point same rpm everytime. I'm just thinkin the clutch was starting to get hot and it slipped. These were all out drags back to back from 1st to the end of 5th. No painted lines, no bumps, same bridge.

It did slip cause throttle wasnt causing it to go anywhere, it would bounce on rev once then id let off and it would be fine and i could proceed to accelerate.

I tried repeating it later on and couldnt. but who knows.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone done a 3-4 back to back long runs ? to about 150 and slippage?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I had my bike on a drag strip a few months ago. Probably did about 15-20 runs over a period of a few hours getting up to 130 mph or so.

Never had any slippage problems and I hit the rev limiter a few times so I was getting up to 15k.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm. weird. I havent been able to repeat it. I'm wondering if my hand blipped the clutch at all and i just didnt realize it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts