Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am having some problems with getting into 2nd gear after caining it in 1st, it goes into neutral instead :0(
I don't know why this is but it is very annoying and worrying.
Sometimes when trying to downshift from 2nd is a bit awkward.
Can anyone give me any advice on this please?

I have a Motrax aluminium paddock stand and R&G bobbins on the bike but the bobbins don't seem to fit very well therefore I am looking at different bobbins, which ones would you recommend?

I need a new rear tyre soon but I don't know what to get for a 2007 RR, this will be my first tyre after buying the bike as new so I don't have a clue, any help with my choice would be great.

I am thinking about changing my air filter for something like K&N when I need to change my air filter but I don't know if I can change this myself with a service manual and whether I need to change anything else, i.e. fuel settings?

Thanks to anyone that can help and sorry for all the questions in one post.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
as far as the shifting goes... does it go into gear fine? like if you were just sitting on the bike can you shift thru all the gears... it sounds to me like you may need to adjust you shift lever down so that it is closer to your foot. if it is to high it forces you to reach and from 1st to 2nd is the longest stroke. if it struggles switching thru your gears then it may be a bent shift fork. i would try the adjustment first. i am fairly confident it will fix your issue and it only takes a few minutes to do.

bobbins.... well take your pick. i am surprised that the r & g don't fit well as i believe they have been around a while. but since they aren't really that expensive buy a different brand and see how they do... you might ask a vendor or two from here as they will take care of you im sure.

tires... my favorite is the pilot power as i have not tried anything other then it and the stocker. i plan to switch to the 2ct when this one wears out. However there are lots of newer tires out there that i am not familiar with. you can't go wrong with a pilot power though.

air filter... im not sure on the 07 as mine is an 05... mine isn't an issue at all to get to so long as one takes their time... if can do a little wrenching then i am sure you will be fine... got someone familiar with the bike to set with you to boost the confidence level. no greater feeling of accomplishment then working on your own stuff and completing it. at least not for me anyway.

Hope this helps... i am sure there are others that can lend more help then I.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
you lost me with the last post....?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know. I have a hangover but I remember saying something else, weird, anyway:
I did reply saying that I have changed the gear shift lever when I got the bike but then I couldn't select 6th so I went for my first service and had the dealer put it back to normal but I don't seem to have problems changing gear usually just 1st to 2nd at times and changing down.
If I moved the lever down again how do I get past the problem of not getting into 6th properly?
Cheers guys and sorry for the confusing reply.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Just a word of advice on the K&N....

..They are great filters, but be careful not to over oil them. It doesn't take much, and if you oil it to heavily, it can cause problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts