Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike with the barn end and grip and throttle tube all broken. so i ordered all the necessary partsto fix(etc. throttle tube, grip the bar end weight the actually handlebar weight and all those little guys) I had to take off the black case which has the engine start stop buttons on it. Once i put it all back together but before putting in the two screws to hold the case closed it, the throttle turns and returns to the right place prefectly. But once i tighten the two screws down all the way it wont really return to the right place after tiwsting the throttle. Any ideas of what i could have dont wrong??? Sorry for any confusion! ha

·
Registered
293 Posts
Make sure the bare cable is routed correctly on the throttle tube and the stops are seated right. Same thing on the throttle body side. And make sure the covered cable is routed correctly through the fork area and the airbox area and that nothing is binding or causing the cable to kink. Then you can play with the adjustments.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how would i fix cable slack?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
^Use the adjuster at the lever to remove any slack. Just make sure that you can turn the bars to full lock without the rpm increasing. If the cable is too tight the engine will idle higher when you turn it left or right.

·
Registered
310 Posts
First, check to make sure you did not leave any grip glue anywhere (between the clip-on and the throttle tube). Next, make sure that the end of the grip is not rubbing on the throttle housing; this can make it feel like its hanging up. Now check to make sure there was not weird routing issues of the cables, but since you did not replace the cables, they should be good but double check to be safe. Now that all of this is done, tighten everything up, and then losen both cable adjusters (the nuts on the cable near the throttle housing) Tighten the pull cable first, then tighten the push cable up second. That should do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts