Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came up in conversation the other day and nobody seemed to have a clue. Does anybody have any knowledge of what riders make in the various classes?

Motogp
FIM World Superbike (what does FIM stand for anyways?)
AMA Superbike, supersport, superstock

Haven't had much luck with Google either.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
787 Posts
good question, i'd like to know too so i can switch career.....lol jk i've never even been on a track het

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
trey you got some aspirations? haha, that would be interesting to know. but then again you would have to put in persprective that they pay for everything!

when these guys go to different countrys and all around the world they don't have to spend a dime and if they do that sucks. so i guess you could add on the living expenses of everything and it would be a lot.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
i dont how wot the rest of them get paid, but, it cant be all bad... Aaron slight, who never won the wsb but came second quite a few times for honda, is still on a salary , of around 70k [$US] he hasnt raced in like 7 years... the salarys for the top guys are massive, rossi is rumourd to be the highest paid italian sportsman that could be all bs just something i heard ...look how many of them have there registered address in monaco, which by coinsidence is a tax haven!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I know Rossi makes roughly 30 million and I believe that's annually. I found out that Schumaker from Formula 1 makes 35 million. Matt Mladin makes 200k.

I'm really curious to get a better sampling of the AMA salaries. In my searching, I found some tidbits like a large chunk of AMA salaries actually come from tire companies. So when supersport is looking to make all racers use a single tire to level the playing field, it would actually hurt the non-factory riders more from a financial standpoint.

Aspirations? Well, the more time I spend on the track, the more addicted I become. I've actually never been consumed by something as much as I have with time on the track. Let's see if I can express this next thought properly. Yes...I'd love to be able to race and make a living off of it. I'm passing my friends left and right on the track, which is awesome since they've been doing it for years. But, and this is a huge but, I'm so far from being competitive that the idea of being a professional is not even remotely realistic. But it is nice to imagine!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
trey_loco said:
Well I know Rossi makes roughly 30 million and I believe that's annually. I found out that Schumaker from Formula 1 makes 35 million. Matt Mladin makes 200k.

I'm really curious to get a better sampling of the AMA salaries. In my searching, I found some tidbits like a large chunk of AMA salaries actually come from tire companies. So when supersport is looking to make all racers use a single tire to level the playing field, it would actually hurt the non-factory riders more from a financial standpoint.

Aspirations? Well, the more time I spend on the track, the more addicted I become. I've actually never been consumed by something as much as I have with time on the track. Let's see if I can express this next thought properly. Yes...I'd love to be able to race and make a living off of it. I'm passing my friends left and right on the track, which is awesome since they've been doing it for years. But, and this is a huge but, I'm so far from being competitive that the idea of being a professional is not even remotely realistic. But it is nice to imagine!
Hey man don't sell yourself short! If you have a nac for it just persue it as far and often as you can. Thats what I am doing. I would like to make it a profession, an d am going to strive to do it the best I can. Granted I have another job that I am not going to quit, but if the right person comes along and offers me a deal I can't refuse, you bet I am jumping on it. Your right, it gets so addicting and worse everytime you go. What a great drug!

·
Registered
881 Posts
trey_loco said:

Dude, where did you get this info from? Michael Shumi made 35mil like 8 years ago. He's worth about 85 mil a year now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
gee said:
i would like be be rossi ..... even for a week, that has gotta be a good life..
ur telling me man. u no how much tail this cracker is pulling. the only problem after living a week of this mans life, go back to yours and you'd be in for a lifetime of depression.

RLTW

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Camel.....you are probably right.

As of 2004, Schumacher earns an estimated US$80 million annually, including all his endorsement deals. One notable deal is with the German investment counseling company Deutsche Vermögensberatung, which will pay him US$8 million over three years for wearing a four-inch advertisement on his post-race hat.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
And wwwwayyyy off on Maladin.. he makes over a mill just from suzuki.

Other factory racers in ama average salary is well into the six figures.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well **** man.....both those numbers you folks say I'm wrong on, came from articles from various bike mags. Maybe they're just outdated? Or maybe that's just a base salary and it doesn't include contingencies, sponsors, etc.

Anybody know numbers on Spies, Pridmore, Rapp, Corser, etc, etc?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jasonc said:
Pfftt, thats all chump change. I make 11enty billion pesos a year....

wait, thats like....100 bucks, ****...

Haha.....11enty. That must be the new math I've heard so much about. Interesting.

Here's a tangent question that has popped up based on this thread. I swore on a previous post (unintentionally), and it is now starred out. Is that automatically done or by a moderator?

As far as them making too much. I'd rather them make all that dough then say, some baseball player who spends half the time sitting on his ass, chewin' seeds and injecting steriods between his toes. For the record. I hate baseball. I'd rather watch paint dry. At least I'll see more excitement that way.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Not much comment on salaries.. but to answer the FIM question.. I believe it stands for "Formula Internationale Motorsport(s?)"

·
Registered
131 Posts
trey_loco said:
Well Camel.....you are probably right.

As of 2004, Schumacher earns an estimated US$80 million annually, including all his endorsement deals. One notable deal is with the German investment counseling company Deutsche Vermögensberatung, which will pay him US$8 million over three years for wearing a four-inch advertisement on his post-race hat.

I read that Schumacher is the first professional sport athlete that past the Billion dollars of revenues in his entire career from endorsement and salaries.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts