Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people who've had progressive insurance for many years, do they lower your policy price when you renew? I've been with them for a little over 2 years and I just got my renewal papers and it's the same price :(...no claims, no tickets, no nothing. I pay $190 a year for 50k/100k liability.

I live in MA so I really can't go around shopping because my options are limited and progressive is the lowest.

If you've been with the same insurance for many years, how do you get them to lower the price when it's time to renew?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
You have to ask them. They will either say yes or no. Just talk to your agent.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
How old are you? I'm 22 and progressive quoted me 99 for the year.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow 99$? that's pretty crazy. I'm 28, been riding for about 5-6 years. i'll just pay the 190 since it's already low and see how it goes next year.

·
Registered
502 Posts
How old are you? I'm 22 and progressive quoted me 99 for the year.

Wtf I pay 108 per month from Allstate. 21 with no record.. I don't understand insurance sometimes :banghead:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have progressive and I pay just for liability I think i got 50/100k and I pay $105 a year and if I wanted full cover it would cost me $450 a year.

I decided its not worth it for $450 a year for a used bike which I paid for 3.5k

cuz after paying full cover for a few years you got yourself half a bike.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wtf I pay 108 per month from Allstate. 21 with no record.. I don't understand insurance sometimes :banghead:
What kind of coverage do you carry? I only paid about 170 a year for my 06 with minimum coverage but now that I carry full coverage on my 2011 I'm around 80 per month. 23 with no record.

·
Registered
502 Posts
What kind of coverage do you carry? I only paid about 170 a year for my 06 with minimum coverage but now that I carry full coverage on my 2011 I'm around 80 per month. 23 with no record.
I think it's 500/500 or 500 and 1000 comp..

I've shopped around and I just chalked up my rates to age and location, but after reading some of the rates people have on here I'm confused. Collision is the biggest factor for rates, then comprehensive. The last time I got quotes I couldn't get 80 per month unless I got ridiculously high deductibles.

·
Registered
236 Posts
When I bought my 2011 I only had about 2 months before I had to renew. My premium before I renewed was almost 500 a year higher than it is now. The only change was my discount for 3 years of continuous policy with them. I'm in SC.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
As bikes get more expensive and the cost to fix them gets more expensive, premiums are going to continue to inch up over the years. Sometimes you'll see a reduction if you fall out of a certain age bracket or an accident/ticket falls out of the experience period but for the most part the prices arent related to you but rather the overall experience of the company. So if Progressive has a few good years they may decide to reduce their rates a little bit.

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
I just got something in the mail from Progressive the other day... my rates are going down $14 a month! hellllllll yeah!! I didnt even have to ask.

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
STFU riot! I'm paying 100 more a year for liability on the bike then I am for full coverage on the bmw... its not fair lol

btw j/k riot.. no hard feelings, thats a good break man

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't have Progressive, I hae State Farm, but I just got my renewal and for the second year in a row my premiums have went up. First year I had my '09, full coverage was $28 per year, last year it went up to $37 and now it has increased to $50..never had a ticket or accident..EVER! It really sucks that we are penalized because of the idiots that do ride our class of bikes and total them or total themselves, then we end up paying..

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't have Progressive, I hae State Farm, but I just got my renewal and for the second year in a row my premiums have went up. First year I had my '09, full coverage was $28 per year, last year it went up to $37 and now it has increased to $50..never had a ticket or accident..EVER! It really sucks that we are penalized because of the idiots that do ride our class of bikes and total them or total themselves, then we end up paying..
You should check out progressive. For me at least my premium has gone down significantly each time I renew. You get a "no claims" discount and a "loyal Customer" discount.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
And you're complaining about $190 ($16/mo.) a year? You got it easy. I got progressive full coverage, and am paying $650/year. Aside from the regular b.s. (age, record, tickets, etc.) and location (theft, population, etc.) I still don't know how they figure things out sometimes.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
You guys are all crying for nothing. SF has quote me 1.5-2x most of your annual premiums...per month (for full coverage). Dropping down to liability only still leaves me at ~$130-150/month.

You should be thanking yourselves that your insurance industry is more competitive, better priced, and more tightly regulated than that north of the border.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah honestly none of you have ANYTHING to complain about... Oh no $100 a year for insurance!!! Wahh what a fukin joke I pay $2000 per year to have full coverage on my car and bike or 20x what your paying and complain about and my rates are actually on the cheaper side of things.. Many companies wanted over 2400 a year just for the bike.

Meanwhile your paying $8 a month and unhappy lol

Come north of the border and really have something to complain about.

Sorry but this topic really grinds my gears so much so that I actually live within an hour drive from Maine and would love to just register my bike there and get us insurance put on it lol

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Yeah honestly none of you have ANYTHING to complain about... Oh no $100 a year for insurance!!! Wahh what a fukin joke I pay $2000 per year to have full coverage on my car and bike or 20x what your paying and complain about and my rates are actually on the cheaper side of things.. Many companies wanted over 2400 a year just for the bike.

Meanwhile your paying $8 a month and unhappy lol

Come north of the border and really have something to complain about.

Sorry but this topic really grinds my gears so much so that I actually live within an hour drive from Maine and would love to just register my bike there and get us insurance put on it lol

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
+1

I'm 40 minutes from New York, yet my insurance is 20+ times what New Yorkers pay.

The same goes for car insurance as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts