Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok long story short. First yr of my bike insurance it was $1,800. My policy ran out last aug and for renewal it was going to be $1,200. I decided not to renew it in aug b/c it was so late in the riding season figuring it would be below $1,000 when I went to renew it this yr. Well b/c of the gap in coverage instead of it being $1,200 it went back up to $1,800. So all day I shopped around for new insurance but nothing came out really any cheaper for me. For the hell of it I went to Progessive online and got quoted $1,340 for the yr and just over $100 a month.

Dont you find it odd that my Insurance agent who I have progressive w/ quoted me at $1,800 for this yr yet I got to the Progressive website and get it for $500 cheaper? Needless to say I bought the policy just in case it was a fluke b/c I figured they would have to honor that price.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
are you sure its the same coverage online that your agent was getting you??

im with progresssive with an 04 full coverage with $500 deductibles for $800 a year..

im shopping around and my agent is trying to get me a better deal.

way too many variables when talking insurance from one person to the next to compare prices..

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Im pretty sure it was the same $500 deductible and all the others set to the minimum. Im not sure why mine seems to always be high.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
progressive sucked for bikes for me for some reason. it was always like 2000 for every 6 months, no matter how i tried to configure it. state farm gave me the same coverage for like 300 every 6 months....

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
You can get different prices from the same company!!!! Just go to all the progressive spots and see what they can do... Also try State Farm if you have a car to put on the policy, if you have more than one they will give you a discount, if you put your house on it, they will give you even more... Then put the life insurance on it and you have all the deals............

·
Registered
137 Posts
i endup getting progressive too.. payed 200down plus 113 a month or something like that.. with liability only and comprehensive with 1000deductible. nothing more.. sux. bc of my accident and my speed ticket

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I wanted to leave my dads insurance last year and become "independent" so I went to geico and was quoted $5800 a year for full coverage (it would have been the first vehicle under my name, and had two previous speeding tickets in my car). So OBVIOUSLY i said F*ck that and stuck to the $750 full coverage a year and stayed under my dads policy, im gonna be screwed though when im no longer a student..then ill be forced to have my own policy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts