Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting my repairs, and wanting to know where exactly does the clip-on mount? The other question along with this, is how far down does the top triple go on the forks? I am assuming the clip-on goes flush against the bottom of the triple. Since my triple shifted in the lowside I do not know exactly where it was mounted.
What is the significance of the aluminum ring that that is around the fork tube where the clip-on mounts?
What is the significance of the 2 grooves at the top of the fork tubes near where the top of the triple mounts?
I am doing the right side.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you have a service manual?
I would suggest getting one as all of those questions are answered in it.

If the triple has shifted i would loosen the steering stem nut, the two pinch bolts on the triple and the clipon pinch bolts.

Then re-torque the steering stem nut to 76lbft, triple pinch bolts to 16 lbft, the clipons should then sit flush under the triple and the pinch bolts tightened to 20 lbft.

The aluminum ring on the fork tube stops/positions the clipon.

The top line on the fork tube should line up with the top of the triple.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No service manual. Will get one, but doubtfully before this job is completed.
Triple is off, as well as right clip-on. Will check left as well, just to make sure.
Thanks, JCE. That info is consistent with my assumptions.:shakehand

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
If you are using stock clip-on. There is a nub on top of the clip-on that align with the hole on the top triple.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are using stock clip-on. There is a nub on top of the clip-on that align with the hole on the top triple.
Yeah, I saw that. That's why I was pretty sure it went flush. Since it was tweaked a few millimeters in the slide I wasn't 100% sure on correct position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts