Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the manual, I think letting the bike run idle for about 3-5 mins is considered a proper warmup. How do you guys warm up your bikes? And how important is warmup?

·
Registered
937 Posts
in cold weather locations a proper warm up is essential.

i usually let the bike display a temperature before i move it. And once i do move it, i dont stress the engine until i have at least 160 degrees F on the meter.

in the summer, i dont think i'll have to warm up alot. Just enought time to get my helmet and gloves on.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just running for a few minutes will get the engine oil circulating thru the oil ways, and start protecting the engine. If possible, let it do some warming up while upright, rather than on the sidestand. It is not uncommon the see bikes with big end wear progressive across the engine, due to oil starvation at the right side ie it sits on it's stand while running, leaning to the left.

C

·
0 Posts
Usually put my helmet, jacket, and gloves on while it warms up. After that is all done, it usually is warmed up with a 100+ reading.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Like someone else mentioned above, as soon as the gauge shows a temp reading, I go...

·
Registered
984 Posts
I also wait for a temperature to be displayed, usually it is between 97 and 100.

·
Registered
356 Posts
thought i was on crack for a minute... then i realized you guys are talkin' farenheit! 100°Celsius is like 230°F... i'm thinking 'these guys warm up until they're almost boiling over... wtf? i'm ok now...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hold her upright prior to start. I sit on her and put my helmet and gloves on.

By the time I do that, back out of the garage, turn around, etc. 100F.

I don't rev much till 160F. No redline for a couple of miles.

I cool her down the last couple of miles too, just like a horse. :?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I usually dont wait much. like some said, switch it on and put on my helmet & gloves and I'm ready to go.
I live in a HOT area.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I used to wait until it hit 120-130, but recently I've been just starting, getting gear ready, and going. Sometimes it doesn't even hit a temp, but I figure that I'm not going to have the bike over a couple of years, so why worry about it.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I wait till the reading hits 150 then blast off, gives me time to finish a smoke before riding too. That's probably a bit of overkill but it can't hurt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts