Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I am reasonably new to the forum, some of you might know that I was recently hit by a car (hit and run) and in the process of rebuilding my 03 RR (some might have seen the pic of my helmet I posted.) Either way, I have gotten invaluable advice and help from many of you and in particular I would like to thank the following folks for parts:

tb8125
CCSEX122
THE MUFFIN MAN

and my local homy who is a great friend and whom I purchased the bike from - skinee

Cheers to you all - I'll be sure to post pics as the rebuild begins!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yeah, i agree. members on this forum are very helpful and honest.
Got some good deals from some members here for wrecked parts too.
...An idiot reversed in to my parked bike.

Good luck to your (new and improved) repairs!!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still can't believe the deal I got on all the parts - SS brake lines, front fender, radiator (mint), subframe, and black brand new vortex rearsets for like $600 shipped! Plus MUFFIN MAN is local so hopefully I got another local to ride with.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never posted a detailed story but basically: in right lane, car veared from left lane into my lane hitting me and putting me into the curb around 40mph. the bike high sided onto the sidewalk and I cleared some shrubs and landed in a 'nearby' parking lot. I had some road rash and a banged up shoulder but if you looked at the bike you would have though I was dead. Luckily Im ok and that frame and fork are straight (though the frame has two wicked looking dents on the upper right beam.)

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
cycle
glad you are ok man hang in there better days will come
this is a family here that is how i feel and its simple you lend a hand today
it will be extended to you when the time comes
^5 to forum members that help out other members in time of need your courtsey
will never be forgotten and last but no least A huge ^^^^^^^^^^5 to jetblast10
( KEVIN ) who is without his efforts this site would have never nourished the way it is today and you too ( SLAVA ) your work speaks for itself

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
glad you're okay man. if you ever wanna ride let some of us Atlanta guys on the forum know (if you haven't already met them) we go to the north GA mountains pretty often. just pm me if interested.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
56cbr600rr said:
glad you're okay man. if you ever wanna ride let some of us Atlanta guys on the forum know (if you haven't already met them) we go to the north GA mountains pretty often. just pm me if interested.

I'm def interested - just gotta finish fixing the bike - probably be a month before I've got the cash for the rest of the body work I need (race upper, lower, & tank cover)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts