Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my leo a while back as some of you saw the posts.

I've always been curious and interested in just straight piping the cat so headers to slip. My busy has a full on his GSXR and my buddy custom made his slip pipes for his 919 (got a R1 shorty and re-routed his exhaust on his 919 from duel to single side pipe)

Both have a agreesive punch and back fires at the top ends and I've kind of wanted the same thing for the cool factor and spit little bits of fire too.

I usually never go above 8k RPM so I think it would be a cool little show for friend to high rev and pop at lower gears to not have to do 140 in 4th to get a pop just a high rev shift wih a little show.

Anyways I'm assuming it will just have slightly hotter temps and gasses letting me have some flames being like a full. But what are the pros and cons of doing this?

Also might come in handy and save time if and when I get headers to finish off and go full system in the future.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh and flame suit on for all those sissy nanny haters that god for bid you have a little innocent reckless useless fun on your sport bike and never ever never ever break 45 when street riding or use your sport bike like a sport bike.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I didn't know you had to have fire shooting out of your exhaust and rarely go above 8k rpm to use your sport bike like a sport bike.

I am also curious about the advantages and disadvantages of a cat delete though.

·
Registered
515 Posts
did mine on my 07 its just weight loss a few pounds , no power or sound difference

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was considering running a full system without a PC so I could pop flames occassionaly but voted against since the fuel mixture will eventually degrade my engine. So, pros and cons it's up to you.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Where abouts is the cat located in the cbr600rr exhaust (2008 specifically)?

I've got a full yoshi rs5 on mine, do they have a cat in them?

All of my mates gixxers are way louder/better sounding than my 600 and pop little flames when rolling off throttle...I'd like the flames as well but more so the sound their bikes produce over mine...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Where abouts is the cat located in the cbr600rr exhaust (2008 specifically)?

I've got a full yoshi rs5 on mine, do they have a cat in them?

All of my mates gixxers are way louder/better sounding than my 600 and pop little flames when rolling off throttle...I'd like the flames as well but more so the sound their bikes produce over mine...
There's a honeycomb cat in the bulgey part on the header by the right rearset. Full systems don't have them. Deceleration popping is just unburned fuel that ignites in the exhaust. Enrich your mixture if you want them, maybe use the little box deals like a power commander.

And disagreed on the sound, louder is not better, case in point: Harleys. And slash cut pipes, pretty annoying after a minute.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm now contemplating doing this to my 05 to help pass the winter. Its a sportbike so youre not really expecting great gas mileage anyway. I think it'd be cool for around town at nights. Something different. It's your bike personalize it how you want. Has anyone who's done this able to chime in with more pros and con's and how they went about doing this?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
447 Posts
Interesting... my full system has the bulge behind right rearset...

As for the sound I meant the higher pitch there's seems to have compared to mine.. but I think the length of our pipes compared to the gixxers wouldn't help with that..

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Probably be a good idea to install a fuel mgmt system and dyno it if you cut the cat out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts