Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow riders, i just wanted to get your opinions on joining a club? I was thinking about it recently and just wanted to get some insight. The main reason i was thinking about joining is for the comradere and people to ride with. The main reason i have not to join is because of the dues and rules that many clubs have.

So ......what do you think?

r

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
depends on the reason for joining a club really, do some research on whats out there and what you want out of it..Do you want to join to meet new ppl with common bikes, or just to go for a ride with, or having a variety of ppl in the club with diff bikes and all and its just a social gathering..
Here in Oz we have an Actual Honda Riders Club, So hondas only "originally" but we have not been so strict upon it these days and all we do is go for a social ride, guys whom just want to cruise stick to the back, speedsters within limits up at the front and we all meet up at a point for lunch, chat and then heap off home. Better in groups as Cops cant bust one person for speeding if your in a group..on avg we have about 50-70 riders each time and ppl respect us on the common roads and we abide by all.
So the bonus of it is to hit the back country roads, if you have a spill you have ppl there to help, emergency first aid person etc and better side ppl to give you pointers on your riding, ways to improve etc. its all valuable and if you go it alone well you have no one to help, no one to follow or to work off when your getting your knee down. So yes for the RIGHT club..but your also going to get idiots at times but you roll with that and as above can always make your own but there are heaps and heaps of clubs, bike ride clubs out there..and full of helping hands and knowledge also :) bit like on here!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
As u mentioned, paying dues to ride...yeah right. Just invest that money in something else and make some friends to ride with!

Ive seen some cops take pictures of the club's logos/stickers to later identify them when they are flying down the highway! :director:

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
haven't you heard? riding solo is the new M/C... and we'r riding DEEP! fvck an M/C, i like my money too much.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
solo riders unite. lets start our own M/C with no due's, and call it N/A NON AFFILIATED!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry SinCal I think i might have to steal your shirt, or do something similar :D

·
Moto GSpizzle
7,778 Posts
its cool, im changing it to say...
"if my girl let me ride her like i ride my streetbike,
id be home right now"
slight change but makes it sound better IMO
also have this shirt

working on some other designs...

when we get some financial stuff taken care of, we will start selling shirts again

1 - 20 of 57 Posts