Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if there is a system or something like an alarm for a bike where you can have like a proximity key to start and if out of range it acts like a killswitch so the bike cant be stolen? didnt know where to put this thread.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Finally, an answer to most of our prayers. Good find T.

Like the site said, it doesn't stop thieves from tossing your bike on the back of a truck and part it out.

I feel that the Xena Lock would be more useful since it makes noise to alarm you and it is cheaper. With this lock, they can't take it any farther than 2 feet compare to 10 feet range using the proximity device.

The only down side is it does not fit in your trunk.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
does anyone know if there is a system or something like an alarm for a bike where you can have like a proximity key to start and if out of range it acts like a killswitch so the bike cant be stolen? didnt know where to put this thread.
So far I have only seen it on a ZO6 Vette......that doesn't help much, but I will confirm that it is a great system. Good info, Tripage, OG playa. Thx

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
You can have the best system money can buy, doesn't matter, if they want your bike they are going to get it... siren, cut the power lead to it, no more noise. You can yank your driver seat off without removing the screws.... Lo jack, only so many places they can hide it on a bike. If you know what you are looking for by the time a cop is notified it will be laying the street with the wires cut. Only full proof security is your eyes. Keep it in your sight at all times. Sucks but it's true. My F4i. Full security proximity sensor, steering locked in a parking garage with golf cart security patrolling and cameras on every floor and at all exits. Get off work and bike is gone, no one saw a thing cameras didn't see anything. Working in security you learn it's is an illusion. Only a handful of systems are designed with no way around them, if you know what you are doing you can get into or get anything. T

·
Registered
206 Posts
if someone wants your bike they are going to try very hard to get it and 9 times outta 10 they will succeed in getting it there are some skilled people out there who are very smart....sucks .......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts