Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they are supposed to finally be unveiling the PS4 tonight. I'm stoked as long as they dont mention anything about the used game ban that was rumored. Starts at 6pm eastern

·
Beer: does the body good
682 Posts

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
That is amazing. Coming from someone who actually started out playing Pong on the original unit on an old black and white TV.

Will pre-orde on amazon tomorrow am.

·
BOTM Winner 11/13
2,327 Posts
<<<<-Can't wait for the racing games!!!
Those racing games sound sick. And an app to set up races with people around the world ahead of time nice thinking. Cant wait to get one of these. Wonder if people are going to be selling them for thousands of dollars of ebay when they first come out like the ps3 lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
301 Posts
Looks like Sony finally decided to adopt the X86 architecture like the rest of the world. I guess they realized that most developers hated programming games for the PS3.

·
Maynard
7,080 Posts
<<<<-Can't wait for the racing games!!!
Apparently, GT6 is supposed to be coming out for PS3... idk why. But it's, "What Kazunori said."

Kill zone looks pretty good. How much are they retailing for?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Rumors have it new games will be $69.99 now.

Watch dog got my attention. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Motorcycle.com Free App
That game looks sick. Ubisoft has found another franchise they can invest in. Assassin's Creed turned on me.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the price of the game is still up in the air. If you listen to some of the talks with the CEO of Sony and other big wigs they realized they screwed up when they priced the system too high. Which is why 360 has more sales. Looking at all the addons for it I'm wiling to bet thats how they plan to make their money. They already said they are going to be streaming games to try to keep ppl from going to the store. That will make them a ton if they can cut out the retailers in regards to games.

·
Maynard
7,080 Posts
I think the price of the game is still up in the air. If you listen to some of the talks with the CEO of Sony and other big wigs they realized they screwed up when they priced the system too high. Which is why 360 has more sales. Looking at all the addons for it I'm wiling to bet thats how they plan to make their money. They already said they are going to be streaming games to try to keep ppl from going to the store. That will make them a ton if they can cut out the retailers in regards to games.
It's what was rumored from ign or gamespot, I can't remember. Some other rumor about preventing us from buying used games or some shite like that too

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is the deal with the used game rumors. Sony has said that THEY will not implement that software. They did however register a patent for software to block used games. From what I've heard it is the game publishers that can possible use it. This makes sense, publishers like EA already make you buy online passes for used games. This keeps Sony out of harms way and passes the potential revolt of users to the publishers. There has been alot of talk with what publishers will use this type of tech and is a reason why alot are pushing towards "Always online" systems. This makes it where you have to be online to play the game which in turn makes it harder to pirate a game.

Now xbox has yet to release anything that I've heard on whether or not their console will block games.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Here is the deal with the used game rumors. Sony has said that THEY will not implement that software. They did however register a patent for software to block used games. From what I've heard it is the game publishers that can possible use it. This makes sense, publishers like EA already make you buy online passes for used games. This keeps Sony out of harms way and passes the potential revolt of users to the publishers. There has been alot of talk with what publishers will use this type of tech and is a reason why alot are pushing towards "Always online" systems. This makes it where you have to be online to play the game which in turn makes it harder to pirate a game.

Now xbox has yet to release anything that I've heard on whether or not their console will block games.
See that's just ridiculous to me, i shouldn't have to not only have internet but be online just to play a game i paid for. This isnt some mmo. What if their servers crash or some sh!t, im unable to play any game i paid for because god forbid you have a physical copy. i understand it's about money, expecially money hungry bastards like EA. But doesn't change the fact it's stupid

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 28 Posts