Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if its actually "Anoynomous" that did it, but they've claimed to hack the Playstation Network again. Its still up, but they have thousands upon thousands of user info, credit card numbers, and passwords. They were encrypted so hopefully the info is still safe for right now, but if you got a PS3 I suggest you change your passwords.

And just an FYI for the unsavy computer users, a good password contains the following: Uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters. I know alot of ppl have hard time with remembering theirs, so a good tip...engine codes with minor modification makes great passwords and if you ever forget as long as you know the ride you can google it lol

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Isn't anonymous the group that hacks big corporations pretty much because they can? I know I went to track a ups package once and their website was under the control of anonymous

Sent from my iPhone 4s

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't anonymous the group that hacks big corporations pretty much because they can? I know I went to track a ups package once and their website was under the control of anonymous

Sent from my iPhone 4s
Eh..yes and no. They tend to have a somewhat legit reason, but there methods aren't always the best There are alot of groups that claim to be Anonymous. The first round PSN got hacked it was def them. This time there is no confirmation b/c normally they don't go after regular ppl's credit card info. The only time I've heard of the actual Anonymous release CC info is if it was someone involved in a scandal..ie politician, police chief,etc.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
"Anonymous" is a internet based hive-mind comprised of Anonymous like minded hackers, anyone can claim to be "Anonymous" because technically anyone can be well anonymous.

So saying it was anonymous is like saying hackers did it lol

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
yes..... use an algorithm to generate your password....

reminds me of this:

Hahaha:

Your new password:
5!1fF!N>tk3*<J)._&:(=4Q/<I77K*

Remember your new password as:
5 ! 1 foxtrot FOXTROT ! NOVEMBER > tango kilo 3 * < JULIET
) . _ & : ( = 4 QUEBEC / < INDIA 7 7 KILO *

sure!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Anonymous claims it broke into the PlayStation Network and has a 50 gigabyte database of email accounts and their passwords. Ten million accounts "are at risk," says the hacker involved. The passwords appear to be encrypted, and many of the accounts published in this document appear to be from northern Europe. This still would be a great time to double-check your password security.

[email protected]
[email protected] Hacked, @playstation Network Pwned | pastebin.com/HUjZPaF3 | #PSN | #Anonymous
15 Aug 12
Kotaku has contacted Sony for comment and will update as the situation progresses.

[Update] The list in question appears to be a copy of this pastebin posting from March 19.

[Update] Shane Bettenhausen, with business development at Sony Computer Entertainment America, says the claim is "totally fake."

[Update] Sony itself says the claim is "completely false."
Source:http://kotaku.com/5935040/anonymous-claims-psn-breach-affecting-10-million-accounts

Don’t panic!

Yesterday there was chatter from an individual on Twitter who claimed to be linked to the hacking group Anonymous that the PlayStation Network (PSN) had been hacked again. Sony has now issued a statement denying these claims.

“We’ve confirmed that the recent claim that PlayStation Network was illegally hacked and that customer passwords and email addresses were accessed is completely false,” Sony said in a statement.

The alleged hacker posted information that he claimed was grabbed in the hack attack, but it now seems likely that this was part of the data stolen on last year’s hack of PlayStation Network.

Sony’s PlayStation Network was down for nearly a month back in April of last year following a hack attack that resulted in the theft of the personal information from an estimated 77 million registered accounts.
Source:http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2012/08/16/no-sonys-playstation-network-wasnt-hacked-again/

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
yes..... use an algorithm to generate your password....

reminds me of this:

Hahaha:

Your new password:
5!1fF!N>tk3*<J)._&:(=4Q/<I77K*

Remember your new password as:
5 ! 1 foxtrot FOXTROT ! NOVEMBER > tango kilo 3 * < JULIET
) . _ & : ( = 4 QUEBEC / < INDIA 7 7 KILO *

sure!
hahaha now I'm going to change all my pass words to the names of rappers!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Every year I have been less impressed with playstation and some of their products. Looks like I am going to have to go to the dark side and get (dare I say) an xbox.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts