Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wasnt actually excited, I was shaking lol.

Heading down a back road, following a BMW (not speeding) and we are just about to enter the twisties when the BMW pulls over, I think, "cool, noone in front of me". I quickly whipped around him and glanced in my mirrors to see a damn christmas tree of blue and red right up behind me.

Yay.

I immedietly let off the throttle (never really got into it anyway, but did a very quick maneuver around that bimmer) and motion to the officer that im going to pull over, just not in the middle of a turn.

I pull over, turn off the bike and set my hands on the tank. Now at this point I honestly cannot figure out why he pulled me over. He points out the blue lights inside my headlight "DOH!, forgot to turn them off :(. He also mentions that he thought I was going to run for a second lol. Luckily he didnt let that ruin his mood.

Got a warning for the lights, and he pointed out the lack of reflectors on the front forks and tail :banghead:, however, no repair order so we can still be friends. (I dont know him, simply a joke)

Anyway, this was the first time ive been pulled over on this bike, as well as the first time ive been pulled over and not felt one ounce of hostility from the officer, he genuinly seemed more concerned with my safety by not having the reflectors than ANYTHING else.

Just thought id throw this up there, and give props. Keep up the good work!

Also, apparently in MD now lights are legal, they just have to be facing the drivetrain or the road. He mentioned the tag beeing up under the tail, but he could still read it so it wasnt a big deal. Its too bad im not into a lot of lights cluttering up my ride, but if thats your thing, its cool in MD.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good cop right there. Just looking out for your safety. All the times I get pulled over I just start making small talk and the cop is cool with me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's generally the case with me for the local cops where I am. I pull over and am polite with them and they send me on my way with a warning (sometimes deserving of much more). The Maryland State Troopers on the other hand....

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Officers in my area are sport biker friendly. I had one officer pull over an asshat cager thinking we were in a race in the middle of congested traffic on a 45mph hwy..... It had nothing to do with me dragging knee on the left hand turn when the stop light turned green. ;)

Just the other day it was a strobe light affect of lightening in my area, and as I was rushing home, an officer had pulled over this old man cruiser with dual cb antenna's/radio towers on the back of his bike. Not 1 minute later I hit the rain. I felt kinda bad for the guy because I'm sure he was riding the very edge of the storm, but oh well.... I just kept speeding along...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Most cops (at least the ones I've ran into) are cool, unless you get them on a bad day or piss them off about something.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It really just depends in my area. Some cops are super troopers and some are good guys that will tell you that their Charger is faster than your little 600. I just laugh, have yet to try one since the winning trophy is a pair of bracelets and free room and board. lol :cruising:

·
Registered
26 Posts
i got pulled after a copper was tailing me for a bit, wanting me a chase i guess. he then pulled 3 miles down and says its a random check as they are stopping All BLACK bikes.

Racist! typical London Coppers

·
Registered
152 Posts
i got pulled after a copper was tailing me for a bit, wanting me a chase i guess. he then pulled 3 miles down and says its a random check as they are stopping All BLACK bikes.

Racist! typical London Coppers
lol that sucks, I know Virginia does that here stateside. A buddy of mine got a ticket like that on his way from here to base up at Quantico.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I remember my dad telling me a story when he pulled over a biker. The guy was cool to my dad and asked him if he pulled him over cause he was speeding. My dad goes ya you were a little but I really wanted to check out your bike.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Most of the cops here ride too so they are pretty understanding as long as you arent being a **** to them....
I just stepped out and got back from doing a quick errands. A motocop hid and saw me passed by. I was doing 55 in a 45 zone. He looked at me but didn't blow the whistle. That was nice of him. Bad me for speeding. :shakehand

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hagerstown cops are pretty cool. My brother-in-law is a Htown cop and I know a few of them from school or they gym. I've never been harassed here, granted I rarely speed or do stupid sh!t either.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts