Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ticket #1
I just got home after being pulled over by a Florida State trooper for a busted headlight. I got pulled over on the main road right outside of my development. It is a 4 lane highway with little traffic and like one turn off. It is in the middle of no where. The speed limit is 55 but it should be like 65. ...anyways.. last monday I got pulled over for speeding in the truck. I didnt even realize how fast I was going because I was keeping up with traffic. There were 5 of us going that fast and I was towards the back of the pack. Two motorcycle cops on tucked back in the entrance to a nature preserve were shooting us.. two out of the five were told to pull over, I was one of them.
I asked the cop if I could get a warning and he said no, 14 over is too much. I told him I was goign to school to study to be a police officer, which I am. Im sure he thought it was a load of ****. Anyways, $121 later I pulled out pissed off. Oh yeah, I was on my way to get my rear wheel changed at the shop too.

Ticket #2
I just went for a leisurely ride today with my dad. I was on the RR he was on the mille. We just headed east towards the beach. On the way to the beach, on the road where I got pulled over a week earlier, there were some FHP's sitting in the grassy median. We were going the speed limit so there was nothing to worry about. We continued to the beach, it was hot as balls, but a nice ride nonetheless. On the way back, heading on Northlake Blvd, (the ticket road), we saw the FHPs still there so we made sure to go the speed limit. I was watching my speedo stay at 59mph. I figured my speedo is off by atleast 4 mph at that speed so I had nothing to worry about as I got closer to them... I was wrong. About 100 yards away I see the cop walking towards the back of the car and out into the middle of the road.. I was like "WTF!?!?!" I was going the speed limit. I did the whole, "point to my chest and look behind me acting as if he isnt sure that he is pointing at me" thing. He shook his head and I pulled over. My dad pulled over with me too. I figured this cop was a **** just looking for something to pull me over for. He told me I had a busted headlight out... I was like no officer, I do not. I tried to explain it to him but he wasnt listening. He asked for my ID and registration. He walked around the bike looking at my tail to see if he could get me on something else too. He said he was going to give me a warning. I was like ok, but I was confused as to why he had to take my id back to the car and run it. :???: He got back and I explained everything again to him like a 3rd grader and he finally understood. He apologized and I told him to never let it happen again or I would slap him around like a hooker on Rodeo Dr. jk. I said its ok. I dont know he just didnt understand, we were talking about everything about the lights, I showed him that it isnt broken, flashed my lights, he said something about running it during the day even, but he still didnt get that it wasnt broken.. oh well.
So that is my story.
Hopefully next monday I will get pulled over again by some cop walking out in the middle of the road. 3 Mondays in a row.. fingers crossed. ;-)

PS.. I feel violated because everytime I have been pulled over, a cop has just walked out in the middle of the road and asked me to pull over. I want them to work for it dammit! I want them to come after me with their lights blaring, at least it will make me feel that they actually worked for the ticket.

·
Registered
526 Posts
just keep going next time and tell him you didnt know he was pointing at you

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just keep going next time and tell him you didnt know he was pointing at you
..Just sounds like a nice way to piss them off so they find some more crap to ticket you for and to have no chance whatsoever to get out of a ticket. ;-)

·
Registered
485 Posts
pssssht... thats how they pull bikes over? walk away from the car and point at you? yeah... that ought to work for all the people that run every time they see a cop. i don't condone that, but you'd be 150 mph before he even got back to his car if you wanted to.

·
Registered
62 Posts
cops

Sounds like the FHP police academy involves permently implating a huge stick up every officers a$$! I am flying into FL on wed. to visit my sister, I sprung for the convertable rental car. If I get pulled over I will be sure to offer to remove that stick from his a$$. :D Sorry about your luck man. I'm glad I live in Michigan.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I've been pulled over for the same damn thing.... :bitchslap:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok so I understand this correctly your low beam should always be on when you crank the bike and you were yanked and ticketed because your high beam was off?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I understand this correctly your low beam should always be on when you crank the bike and you were yanked and ticketed because your high beam was off?

Yeah, I was yanked because my high beams were off.. he thought my headlights were broken. Luckily I didnt get a ticket. I had to explain it to the officer like 3 times until he understood..

·
Registered
175 Posts
He told me I had a busted headlight out... I was like no officer, I do not. I tried to explain it to him but he wasnt listening
The same thing happened to me, but it was when I was getting my driver’s license. The girl giving me the test was insisting that the light was out. I told her and explained her that it was not out. The bike had only 60 miles. She ended up calling the dealer to verify my reasoning ~ I bet you she doesn’t have a ******* clue about bikes.

If the cop scanned your license and registration in the computer was to make sure you are not a felon or the bike is stolen. He was just doing his job. There are many thieves riding stolen motorcycles.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Why cant they (Honda) just make both headlights light up? Or at least make if obvious that only one is supposed to be on?

Jeez.

Sorry to hear you guys are getting harassed.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then he doesnt believe you that the light is not broken. Ass :bitchslap:

·
Registered
307 Posts
i'm getting the impression that police don't like bikers. i hate when they pull me over by finger pointing. i agree with vinRR that they should work for their tickets. those lazy bums think that they hold all authorities and everything will be done at their finger tips. lazy bums.. they're full of donut sh$%.

·
Registered
226 Posts
pantablo said:
Why cant they (Honda) just make both headlights light up?
2 headlights = higher load on the electrical system.

higher load on the electrical system = thicker wire wraps in the stator

thicker wire wraps in the stator = more rotating mass

more rotating mass = slower revving engine/lost hp

But that's just my guess

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They make it so that only one light is on for safety.. I told the cop this and explained it all and he thought it was a load of ****.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's so we don't get confused by drivers for another car.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's so we don't get confused by drivers for another car.
Yep.. ;-) I had to explain it to the cop 3 times and then as he finally handed me back my license and registration he said sounds like a lame excuse from Honda.. what a dumbass.

·
Registered
504 Posts
idea

Complain about him/them.
I did...It can work. I got a bunch of fat lazy rude cops in the town I work in (Hoboken New Jersey). They take parking spots that belong to paying residents/workers, tow select cars and not others (friends/co-workers) so I got fed up and wrote the mayor, attorney generals office, local politicians, local papers and made a bigger stink then they ever thought I would. Just keep pestering and something will get done. His attitude deserved a nice complaint and you should...follow up on it, and follow up on it again until you're sure somethings been done.
After that just make sure you abide by all laws in that town.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts