Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got pulled over I'm guessing for not having mirrors....my friend was on a bright yellow ducatti i was just in back of him, he has no mirrors except that little one on his left handle bar which the officer couldn't of seen, but i get puled over of course....anyways i had no class m or insurance.

He gives me a fix it ticket for the mirrors and license and insurance. He said just have your license and insurance when you go in and it will all be dismissed. Now i know thats not the case i will be fined, however he could of made me walk home so i'm thankful.

But he said something like I need to get a permit for my mirrors or something? How does that work. Do you literally go outside with someone from the court house and they see if you have mirrors???? LOL. I have till december 14th to get this all taken care of.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Find out online where they sign off on fix it tickets. Then find and put the mirrors on your bike, ride to wherever they sign off and get someone to take a look.

This info should be on the backside of the ticket.

As for having no license and insurance, I'd recommend changing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
285 Posts
Take to police station they sign off in it then you send in paperwork.
Don't ride without those 3, just be glad that's all you got. Most would have called flat bed as rest have said. Stay off road until you get M1 and insurance.

Sent from my MB855 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
U didn't get pulled over for no reason. U must have some type of mirror where u can see behind u it's illegal not too at least it is here in PA... Also, no license or insurance even worse.... But, anyways get ur permit, insurance and a mirror take ur bike to police station and have them inspect it. It happened to me when I had tint on my car. Officer gave me 5days to bring it back so he can inspect, and then threw ticket away...

·
Registered
28 Posts
What state or province are you in?

Did you just not have the proof on you or you really don't have insurance nor a license? If the latter, you're probably screwed as you need you show that you had it on the date you were pulled over.

Sent from my HTC Desire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in SOCAL. and I told him straight up as soon as he asked me for it I don't have a license for this. He liked my honesty. I turned the bike off and took my helmet off before he even said anything. He liked that too.

For those who had negative comments like I should of been sent to jail?? You don't go to jail for that anyways, u walk home dumb asses.

Second, I've been riding since I was 4 years old...One of my first words was "momo" license or not I belong on a bike and could careless about some stupid license. That has nothing to do with riding.

Third, I was in Malibue thats the only reason I got pulled over. Here in LA..pftttt they don't even see the "no mirrors" they look out for me and make sure no crazy mexicans that drive insane hit me and those who have mirrors, you should watch a motorcycle saftey video.....first thing it says to do when u get a bike is TAKE THE MIRRORS OFF if you don't want to die and get the little mirror you can't even see out of just for the "legality." I was just to lazy to get the little one....I always turn my head and look behind me.

Thanks for letting me know what to do guys. That's all I wanted to know. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CHP office is probably your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
Thanks. I'll look into it. The back of the ticket says I can get an authorized agency or an officer to sign it off. I know a few officers so I'll ask them if they can sign it for me after they inspect everything.

I am taking care of all 3.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Peeps need to chill out in here. OP wasn't asking if it was a good idea to ride with or without insurance/license/mirrors, just how to take care of the fix it ticket. Obviously you should, but at the end of the day we do what we do.

Anyway, sounds like you know how to take care of it. My experience with window tint and not having my insurance card on me was to just bring it to a cop shop and they'll sign off on it. Good luck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Dude doesn't matter if you have been riding since you were for, if your not licensed and insured your being careless.

You can take your ticket to a chp office and get it signed off for free, some other police stations have been known to charge. Now for the other bit of advice do not ride your bike in yourself if you don't have license or insurance on it, truck it in, cause if you don't prove you have those you could will be putting yourself in a bad place considering it will be an officer signing it off. Then take it to the courthouse on the ticket and depending on your county it should be 25 for each fix it you fix, the others are gonna get costly. Good luck

They also are not trying to save you from crazy Mexicans they see stuff that's illegal and they write it, I have had numerous also in SoCal varying from tinted windscreen, turn signals not far enough apart and "hidden" license plate all on my bike. Easiest way to put it read the ca vech code book and play by their rules or it gets expensive.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

1 - 20 of 37 Posts