Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll bet most of us on here can come to a complete stop without putting a foot down.

I don't do it a lot...but occasionaly I will come to a COMPLETE stop at a stop sign without putting a foot down...balance it there for a second, and pull away at a normal pace.

So I do this a couple of days ago and a LEO pulls me over and warns me that its illegal to do that and lets me go. He was fairly cool about it so this is NOT a LEO bashing thread

But......what the hell ?!?!?!?!? I stopped !!!

This is Oregon were talking here...is it the same for your location/state?

Just exactly how long does one have to stay "stopped" ??? Anybody else been warned or ticketed on this?

*slips flamesuit on* :flamethrower:yeah yeah..I get it..always be safe and put it down

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
lol... you cant stay stopped and look both ways twice without having foot down, or most of the time people cant.. i probably cant, will have to try in spring

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Lame absolutely lame but it happens all the time unless you are riding a Harley

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Definitions of stop on the Web:
come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window"

the event of something ending; "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill"

discontinue: put an end to a state or an activity; "Quit teasing your little brother"

the act of stopping something; "the third baseman made some remarkable stops"; "his stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood"

stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process"

a brief stay in the course of a journey; "they made a stopover to visit their friends"

interrupt a trip; "we stopped at Aunt Mary's house"; "they stopped for three days in Florence"

arrest: the state of inactivity following an interruption; "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"

cause to stop; "stop a car"; "stop the thief"

a spot where something halts or pauses; "his next stop is Atlanta"

break: prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations"

stop consonant: a consonant produced by stopping the flow of air at some point and suddenly releasing it; "his stop consonants are too aspirated"

check: hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"

period: a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations; "in England they call a period a stop"

intercept: seize on its way; "The fighter plane was ordered to intercept an aircraft that had entered the country's airspace"

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can see how that would suck... but if he doesnt ride i can see how he would perceive that if you didnt put your foot down you couldnt of stopped.\

and no ticket so that is cool!

·
Registered
773 Posts
ya im like you i can stop and not put a foot down but i rarely do it for the exact reason your thread was started ... of course im in so cali so theres lots of ahole cops, so i put my FEET down and ya...

·
Registered
621 Posts
i "think" its a 3 second rule here in cali too... and can someone tell me what a LEO is.. i know its a cop.. but.. why leo

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've always been fully aware that the definition of stopping on a motorcycle means both feet down (they'll deduct points on the driving test for not doing it).

I don't do it unless there is a cop in sight.

Take it as a lesson learned. I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find it in written form.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts