Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to visit my parents for the long weekend and on the way back home I get waved over for a sobriety check. The officer asked me where I was coming from and such. He mentioned that one of my headlights is out and he has to write me a fix it ticket to get it fix. I explained to him this is normal, the other light is for high beams. He pauses for a moment and a motorcycle officer walks up and whispers in his ears. After that the officer that was talking to me said ‘Sorry for the confusion, I made a mistake, ride safe tonight there are a lot of drunks on the road tonight.’

30 Miles later near my house, I was going down the road and 2 police cars made a u-turn when I passed them buy. At the stop light one of them was behind me and the other next to me. Of course I get a bit nervous and when the light turned green, I stalled. Restarted the engine and continued going down the road. ¼ mile the pulled me over. One officer told me he pulled me over because my headlights are out. I explained to him this is normal, and he said “man I learn something everyday.” He started talking telling me that he has been riding since 14 and if I haven’t taken the MSF class, I should. I told him I have already and enjoyed the class.

After I got home, I was thinking to myself how I can avoid this from happening again. I know I can run my high beams all the time, but wouldn’t a police officer pull me over at night for having them on?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
adjust your high beams at a lower angle to avoid getting pulled over for blinding the cop from behind. or just enjoy having talks with cops every day! haha i havent gotten pulled over, because i always have both on, i should only turn one side on and talk to my local authorities, they will probably make me get off and check my alcohol level and get a sniffin dog out to cehck for mary jane.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i drive with my high beams on all the time at night. i even crept up on police officers numerous time. on one incident, a cop rolled down his window and asked me why i have the high beams on. i asked him politely in return, did u see me?. he said, yes, i have made my point. :bitchslap:

N

·
0 Posts
If I ever got pulled over for a fix it ticket for my exhaust I would be so bummed out becasue taking that thing apart and installing the stock exhaust is such a pain in the butt; especially since mine is a full system.

·
Registered
48 Posts
it does, there is an unspoken recall on our bikes, or so ive heard, that with the fan running and high beams, there isnt enough power produced by the alternator to keep the bike running. Dont take my word for it, but im in so cal and a buddy of mine is the head of service at "A" honda shop. He mentioned it to me and told me to take it elsewhere and complain. If you take it in with a dead battery and tell them you have purchased a battery tender and your battery continually goes dead, honda has a pack which replaces your alternator and various other electrical parts. If anyone has heard the same or different please let me know...

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Atomicwedgy said:
it does, there is an unspoken recall on our bikes, or so ive heard, that with the fan running and high beams, there isnt enough power produced by the alternator to keep the bike running. Dont take my word for it, but im in so cal and a buddy of mine is the head of service at "A" honda shop. He mentioned it to me and told me to take it elsewhere and complain. If you take it in with a dead battery and tell them you have purchased a battery tender and your battery continually goes dead, honda has a pack which replaces your alternator and various other electrical parts. If anyone has heard the same or different please let me know...

Don't know nothing about it... I've heard lots of comments telling that running with high beam all the time should kill your baterie... but nothing like that.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
BananaRider said:
carefull running your high beams all day though, it kills the battery.
I run with my high beams on all the time. People might find it irritating but you're visible to them. If the bike is running, there shouldn't be any problem with this draining the battery. And if I do find myself behind someone for more than an instant, I switch to low beams, but you shouldn't be behind someone, you're on a 600RR! :razz:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nemesis said:
If I ever got pulled over for a fix it ticket for my exhaust I would be so bummed out becasue taking that thing apart and installing the stock exhaust is such a pain in the butt; especially since mine is a full system.
are you worried about the noise, how loud your pipe is? do they write fix it tickets for that because i hope not cause my exhaust is super duper loud. besides i've heard louda$$ harleys all the time. do they get fix it tickets? if not that's not fair...

·
Registered
73 Posts
are you worried about the noise, how loud your pipe is? do they write fix it tickets for that because i hope not cause my exhaust is super duper loud. besides i've heard louda$$ harleys all the time. do they get fix it tickets? if not that's not fair...
not sure but i believe any aftermarket exhaust is not allowed...? correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Wizard600RR said:
I run my highbeams ALL THE TIME. I've done so since the day I got my bike. No battery problems to report over the last year and a half.
Same here, I run my high beams full time. Have been doing so for about a year and 2 months. I have never had any problems with the battery being low, ever.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Nemesis said:
Our aftermarket pipes are nothing compared to some of the Harleys on the street. Twins with nothing but straight pipes make ours sound quiet. I don't know about you guys, but I never see Harleys pulled over.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
That's really funny, because people are usually like "Hey dude, you've got a headlight out!" and you're like "nope..." and flip the switch. But getting pulled over for it twice in one night? That's funny as hell...Sound like pretty cool cops though...but as if you'd be riding a bike at night missing one light and you wouldn't be able to tell...uhh...ok...there's not that much light anyway, and if there was half of it...I think I'd be able to tell

1 - 20 of 39 Posts